Done / Completed V3 Emitter Limited Run Thread for V2/V3 Builder’s Kit

jorged123

V3 Emitter Limited Run Thread for V2/V3 Builder’s Kit
This is my first attempt at a run for a compatible product. I’ve been working with other distinguished members, Halliwax and recently Anakin Starkiller, on getting this model on par with what we perceive as the V3 emitter with a wider top plate/cylinder than the supplied V2 emitter. Anakin Starkiller submitted the new model based off of measurements taken from Vadermania's personal ANH stunt cast. This upgrade is meant to achieve a finish more closely resembling an idealized V3. I am working on quotes in 6061 aluminum. There is enough interest to make a limited run of these parts. I plan on ordering few more than spoken for in order to satisfy a few late comers that have yet to notice this run. This emitter will thread into the 2018 V2/V3 builder’s kit. It can be made to spin with minor alterations after shipping. It will fit 7/8” blades and the blade cavity is slightly deeper than the supplied emitter.

The 5mm drill and tap grub screw hole will need to be made by the end-user/installer for blade retention and photo accuracy. You probably want to clock the hole as shown in the V2/V3 builder's kit tutorial as Halliwax showed in his instructions. I'll update this info once we have the emitters.

If you're ready to commit and are truly serious about purchasing, then please reply below as follows:
*For example, * “Put me down for X (number willing to purchase)”.
Please only reply below for serious buyer commitment only.

I will update this post with pricing once the quote(s) are made and will have shipping as a separate cost for the domestic US, 48 states. I’m hoping to keep shipping down to the $5-$10 range. International, Hawaii, and Alaska shipping will obviously be higher. I can combine shipping costs for multiple orders. The weight will be more, but the overall cost will be less.

*begin edit* The order is made so the price is fixed. We are looking at a new price at $25 per emitter since more people signed up. There are a few spots left for those that are still interested.

A huge help by Anakin Starkiller for finding a much more affordable USA sourced machine shop. *end edit

I'll have to update model pictures and link to Halliwax's upcoming model review video as soon as they become available.

Below is a 3d print of an early model on top of the supplied emitter:
HW_GMD model emitter.jpg

This is a newer render I made from the supplied dimensions. This .stl can be 3d printed. I haven't verified the threading on this file yet.
Toms ANH Measurments-bored and grouped.png

Halliwax's Prototype Review Video

Interest Participants:
JPL427 x 1 (pending final pricing)

Run Participants: Status: (Info Requested, Info Submitted, Invoice Sent, Invoice Paid, Shipped)
Emitter Total: 21
jorged123 x 3
Halliwax x 4 Shipped, Tracking info added
mindaramblin x 1 Shipped, Tracking info added
Alley x 1 Shipped, Tracking info added
Swc20956 x 1 Shipped, Tracking info added
awhite89 x1 Shipped, Tracking info added
CrankyScorpion x 1 Shipped, Tracking info added
derekwest1989 x 1(via PM) Shipped, Tracking info added
ms80444 x 1 Shipped, Tracking info added
dse2187 x 1 Shipped, Tracking info added
pnag x1 Shipped, Tracking info added
Aison x 1 Shipped, Tracking info added
Maxhebus x 1(via PM) Shipped, Tracking info added
Mech10 x 1 Shipped, Tracking info added
Roobyoo x 1(via PM) Shipped, Tracking info added
acyang x 1 (via PM) Shipped, Tracking info added

This list will be updated as more run participants sign up!

Attachments

• 20191011_165833.jpg
    20191011_165833.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,066
Last edited:
I've gotten an order on a prototype emitter in 6061 aluminum. I'll be updating the first post with pictures soon. I'll keep this thread open for a few more weeks before I get a final order made. It will thread into the ring section perfectly.

I've gotten an order on a prototype emitter in 6061 aluminum. I'll be updating the first post with pictures soon. I'll keep this thread open for a few more weeks before I get a final order made. It will thread into the ring section perfectly.

Excellent!!

Is it possible to put a photo up of a V2 emitter next to one of these V3 emitters? I’d love to see that.

Also, very interested! Would you mind please putting me down for one? Also, am I correctly understanding that these will be made using 6061 aluminum? Either way, down for one for sure!

Thanks to all of those involved!

EDIT: Whoops! The first photo does show both emitters. :rolleyes:
Sorry!

Is it possible to put a photo up of a V2 emitter next to one of these V3 emitters? I’d love to see that.

Also, very interested! Would you mind please putting me down for one? Also, am I correctly understanding that these will be made using 6061 aluminum? Either way, down for one for sure!

Thanks to all of those involved!

EDIT: Whoops! The first photo does show both emitters. :rolleyes:
Sorry!

:p

Added! Thanks for the interest. As of now 6061 will be the first item quoted in differing quantities. I can ask for either 6061 or 7075.

I just confirmed dimensions with the machinist via submitted drawing. We're probably a few weeks away from me uploading pictures of the prototype. I only have to drill down on total length, not diameters, which should be quite easy.

Probably most have already committed to making the V2. It's a fan favorite. I bought 2 builder's kits so that I could make a V2 and a V3 out of them. I know many already got their fill on V3s from the Spirit of Ob1 and Roman's V3 runs respectively. I think there may be another limited V3 run coming from others here on theRPF, but I don't want to mention names, yet.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back