Uwe Boll goes off the deep end when not enough people fund his latest movie attempt

Re: Uwe Boll goes off the deep end when not enough people fund his latest movie attem

The guy is absolutely right. Unfortunately he works in a ****ty industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Uwe Boll goes off the deep end when not enough people fund his latest movie attem

Yeah, if he had left it at that, I might have felt some sympathy.

Unfortunately he also posted a video telling us, the moviegoers, to go fornicate ourselves because his movie didn't get crowdfunded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT1J65KHX8E

(Warning: Language)

Newsflash, Uwe Boll, your movies didn't get crowdfunded not because of our desires to see "stupid crap" like Captain America or The Avengers. It didn't get funded because you are a terrible film maker and you have no respect for your audience, which you have so eloquently displayed. To call your movies "complete and utter crap" would be such high praise as to be the equivalent of winning an Oscar for you.

I'm sorry you're so butthurt. I'm sorry that you lost your cash cow when Germany closed that tax loophole and investors didn't want to make your movies because failed movies no longer qualified as a tax break. I'm sorry that you can't seem to find investors.

You know what I am NOT sorry about? Not having to sit through another instance of you taking a decent idea for a film and turning it into the cinematic equivalent of syphillitic diarrhea.

If he's financily set as he claims, why doesn't he pay for his own crapfest? (of course calling his movies crap is an insult to crap)

Because he follows the first rule of movie business: do not use your own money. At 2:10 he talks about investment in movies. But hey, he did that himself, he was the first in Germany IIRC to make completely free financed genre movies, that does deserves some respect. But what I hold against him is that he does not acknowledge that the ****** Captain America movie has much beter story telling and direction than his movies. He could have made great movies if he hadn´t directed them himself.

You... you *have* seen his movies, right? I'd be more likely to chip in if he promised to stop making movies.
I'm not saying I like his films at all. I'm saying his rant is spot on about the crappy industry he works in. And I am not donating a dime to any kickstsrter nonsense.

After that I'd say there is no way I'd watch another of his films, but I made that decision years ago :lol

Make good movies and people will watch/finance them. Or keep on churning out this bollocks and just sell it to Syfy.

Cough up your own dough Joe! :facepalm

Failing Kickstarters typically close with gratitude for supporters.
I see no grace or gratitude in this man.
This is the very definition of "entitlement."

attachment.php

I did a quick search for the kickstarter, this made me laugh :lol

Attachments

• uwe.jpg
    uwe.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 342

Two words for ya:

Who cares?

Seriously, this guy...just doesn't matter. He's made some entertainingly awful films, but aside from that, who really cares what he says or thinks?

He makes some good b grade movies but he shouldn't be surprised that this is happening. The only things i ever see getting off the ground on Kickstarter are video games and gadgets that'll end up in a drawer after a year. If he actually tried to be a good director instead of going the low budget he might actually get some praise but i swear he tries to be the worst.

Best part of this whole situation is if you watch the "teaser" for the movie he wanted to have funded, Rampage 3, he didn't pay to remove the audio watermarks that are on the music he used! 5 seconds in and a loud "Audio Jungle" voice came on. HAHAHA. It's like a dollar for those rights, come on guy, even I pay for background music and I'm just a normal schmuck.

Two words for ya:

Who cares?

Seriously, this guy...just doesn't matter. He's made some entertainingly awful films, but aside from that, who really cares what he says or thinks?
I couldn't care less about the director.

... but a guy undergoing Internet meltdown invites commentary.

Best part of this whole situation is if you watch the "teaser" for the movie he wanted to have funded, Rampage 3, he didn't pay to remove the audio watermarks that are on the music he used! 5 seconds in and a loud "Audio Jungle" voice came on. HAHAHA. It's like a dollar for those rights, come on guy, even I pay for background music and I'm just a normal schmuck.

Ugh, I hate those Audio Jungle adverts.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back