Uwe Boll goes off the deep end when not enough people fund his latest movie attempt

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Psicorp7, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Psicorp7

Psicorp7 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Because this makes you look completely sane. :facepalm

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  2. Feraud

Feraud Sr Member

Re: Uwe Boll goes off the deep end when not enough people fund his latest movie attem

The guy is absolutely right. Unfortunately he works in a ****ty industry.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
    Axlotl and Wes R like this.
  3. Goodwolf

Goodwolf Sr Member

Re: Uwe Boll goes off the deep end when not enough people fund his latest movie attem

You... you *have* seen his movies, right? I'd be more likely to chip in if he promised to stop making movies.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
  4. The Mad Professor

The Mad Professor Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yeah, if he had left it at that, I might have felt some sympathy.

Unfortunately he also posted a video telling us, the moviegoers, to go fornicate ourselves because his movie didn't get crowdfunded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT1J65KHX8E

(Warning: Language)

Newsflash, Uwe Boll, your movies didn't get crowdfunded not because of our desires to see "stupid crap" like Captain America or The Avengers. It didn't get funded because you are a terrible film maker and you have no respect for your audience, which you have so eloquently displayed. To call your movies "complete and utter crap" would be such high praise as to be the equivalent of winning an Oscar for you.

I'm sorry you're so butthurt. I'm sorry that you lost your cash cow when Germany closed that tax loophole and investors didn't want to make your movies because failed movies no longer qualified as a tax break. I'm sorry that you can't seem to find investors.

You know what I am NOT sorry about? Not having to sit through another instance of you taking a decent idea for a film and turning it into the cinematic equivalent of syphillitic diarrhea.

5. Lord Boron

Lord Boron Sr Member

If he's financily set as he claims, why doesn't he pay for his own crapfest? (of course calling his movies crap is an insult to crap)

brandomack, Riceball and Goodwolf like this.
  6. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Because he follows the first rule of movie business: do not use your own money. At 2:10 he talks about investment in movies. But hey, he did that himself, he was the first in Germany IIRC to make completely free financed genre movies, that does deserves some respect. But what I hold against him is that he does not acknowledge that the ****** Captain America movie has much beter story telling and direction than his movies. He could have made great movies if he hadnĀ“t directed them himself.

7. dascoyne

dascoyne Master Member

Hail Hydra!

Riceball and Philly like this.
  8. Feraud

Feraud Sr Member

I'm not saying I like his films at all. I'm saying his rant is spot on about the crappy industry he works in. And I am not donating a dime to any kickstsrter nonsense.

9. Goodwolf

Goodwolf Sr Member

That's fair enough.

10. Philly

Philly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

After that I'd say there is no way I'd watch another of his films, but I made that decision years ago :lol

Make good movies and people will watch/finance them. Or keep on churning out this bollocks and just sell it to Syfy.

11. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Cough up your own dough Joe! :facepalm

12. Vivek

Vivek Master Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sour Grapes.

Riceball likes this.
  13. dascoyne

dascoyne Master Member

Failing Kickstarters typically close with gratitude for supporters.
    I see no grace or gratitude in this man.
    This is the very definition of "entitlement."

14. Philly

Philly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

[​IMG]

I did a quick search for the kickstarter, this made me laugh :lol

Attached Files:

• uwe.jpg
      uwe.jpg
      File size:
      216.1 KB
      Views:
    Goodwolf, brandomack and Apollo like this.
  15. DL 44 Blaster

DL 44 Blaster Sr Member

Just gave him 48 seconds of my time....far too much.

16. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

Two words for ya:

Who cares?

Seriously, this guy...just doesn't matter. He's made some entertainingly awful films, but aside from that, who really cares what he says or thinks?

Riceball likes this.
  17. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

He makes some good b grade movies but he shouldn't be surprised that this is happening. The only things i ever see getting off the ground on Kickstarter are video games and gadgets that'll end up in a drawer after a year. If he actually tried to be a good director instead of going the low budget he might actually get some praise but i swear he tries to be the worst.

18. abwchris

abwchris Active Member

Best part of this whole situation is if you watch the "teaser" for the movie he wanted to have funded, Rampage 3, he didn't pay to remove the audio watermarks that are on the music he used! 5 seconds in and a loud "Audio Jungle" voice came on. HAHAHA. It's like a dollar for those rights, come on guy, even I pay for background music and I'm just a normal schmuck.

19. dascoyne

dascoyne Master Member

I couldn't care less about the director.

... but a guy undergoing Internet meltdown invites commentary.

20. The Mad Professor

Ugh, I hate those Audio Jungle adverts.

21. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

The saddest thing out of this is if he really is set for life. It makes me sad someone so talentless would have that much money. Heck at least Kim Kardashian is really good at one thing...

Riceball likes this.
  22. jctk421

jctk421 New Member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  23. The Mad Professor

Dude, I already linked this, and I did it as a link specifically because of the expletive in the title description, which shows up here. Expletives, especially the harsh ones, are verboten on RPF.

24. The Mad Professor

Made an Imgur album about this.

https://imgur.com/gallery/rOAXN

(Warning: Language)

25. jctk421

jctk421 New Member

I apologize The Mad professor, I had forgotten.

26. The Mad Professor

No need to apologize. Just trying to keep you from inadvertently getting yourself into trouble.

27. NormanF

NormanF Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

"Rampage 3" is an important movie? In this universe? Based on the trailer I just watched for "Rampage" I am going to have to disagree. That being said, his movies are better than any movie I have made. Not counting the video I shot a couple months ago of some baby ducks or of my dog moon walking a year or two ago.

Jango Wes likes this.