Uruk's Repaints

Again, exquisite work.

Have you thought about painting up a Hot Toys or maybe a Neca 1/4 pred? I'm sure you could bring one of those to life.

*nudge nudge*

You know you want to....

well, i'm pretty satisfied with my 1/4 Predator and HT Tracker... other thing is i can't afford them - a Hot Toys Predator costs about ~$300 here... i bought one, and i'm pretty sure it was my first and last HT purchase - simply a freaking rip off.

okay guys. i passed my Bachelor's last week and i'm finally able to get back into repainting. i've got more than a half of the Lost Clan to do!

here's repainted Hippie:

7478736876_1607a965e4_b.jpg.png

7478740560_aaf5f636df_b.jpg.png

7478741442_67fc54b270_c.jpg.png

7478738972_c209870b56_c.jpg.png

7478737794_21cc87da36_c.jpg.png

well, the netting is actually neca's fault. in the movie, hippie doesn't have any netting except for a small piece covering his torso. but the guys at neca apparently don't have a mold without netting, and that's probaby why he has it. sanding it down would be an upper pain in the butt, so i decided to leave it as it was and just paint the part i wanted. i'm just going for maximum movie accuracy.

Sometimes you have to work with what you have. We all appreciate your accuracy, for sure... its pretty damn accurate. But the netting just sitting there looks strange lol. Its not your fault, but... ya gotta sand it lol

~CYCLONE_06

Your Tracker is absolutely amazing man... great job.. but if you want some pics from Shaman wearing the net i'll show them to u.. he does have a mesh, it is broken and hangs on the side of his hip... but it is just a lil piece that hangs

yep, that's what i said. he has some bits here and there, but overall he's "nude" lol. i'm not gonna sand it down, mainly because it's a LOT of work, and then i would probably destroy the beautiful skin texture tankman scuplted.

thanks alot guys!

i really think the texture u give to ur repaints are pretty damn cool... but u should paint the mesh... just wud look better than leave him like that

i don't really mind. looks good to me.

the next one will probably be Brother Boar - and his skin pattern is nuts... it's gonna take me more than two days.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back