Urethane front spider

Cigs

Jr Member
Hello again, I've seen a lot of costumes with this urethane rubber spider , and they look great. I want to do that with my costume , can anyone tell me where they buy the rubber ? How thick and how big to buy?
Also what size do some of you have your spider At? Thanks!!

Just Google urethane sheet. eBay. Amazon. Thickness is at your discretion, take out a ruler, stand it up, see how thick you want it. The sizing is wholly dependent on your suit, you shouldn't be doing the Spider until the suit is in your hands at which point you can scale it.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Hi, I found neoprene rubber sheet , 1mm thick is what I want . I have the suit already, just have to go to size the spider which I don't know how to do. Should i take a print to kinkos to size it ?

On your suit, trace the spider on a sheet of transparent paper, re-trace is on the rubber sheet and cut it out. I think that's what someone did on their suit here, if i'm not mistaken. Apologies I forget the name of who it was.

Ok, how do I size the Spider bigger. I can't draw for ****, or trace . I found neoprene rubber on eBay , 400mm x 400mm x 1 mm thick . That should be enough?

OK so now i'm running into a diff problem,I re-sized my spider but when I put it on my chest where I want it, it doesn't cover my printed spider on the suit, SO basically my suit came with a front spider printed on from zentai- zone. I want to put the urethane spider but you can still see the printed spider . I'm wondering if zentai zone printed it way to low? Or if there is a way to remove that spider off my suit and then glue the urethane spider on. Anyone run into this problem?

DSC_0280.JPG
HEre is a pic of front spider , does it seem low?

The spider seems low. The whole chest actually seems low. I don't think there's a way to fix it, unfortunately. Zentai suits aren't too expensive, so you might order another one and hope for a better result.

You could also order a pattern from one of the many makers on here (with or without a printed front spider) and have it printed by Zentai Zone. They tend to do a pretty decent job on dye subs.

Update! I went ahead and purchased a 12 x 12 1/16 mm neoprene black rubber from ebay for like $7 , Big thanks to Mystery helping me out with the re sizing and everything. I got the files from kenlandrum and I downloaded a 30 day free trial of photoshop, and re sized the front spider.Took a couple different sizes till I found one I liked, then I found out that the urethane spider didn't completely cover the printed spider that comes on the Zentai-Zone Tasm2 suit. So I wrote to zentai zone seeing if I can take off the printed spider somehow, They told me it would be really hard to do, so I shouldn't do it. Well I did, and I think its better this way, than leaving the printed spider in the background.I carefully cut with a sharp blade the spots of the old spider that were showing, It did leave a little shadowish look where I took it off but not as noticeable as it would have been I left it on. Anyway here are some pics of it , glue is still drying I used a combo of E6000 and gorilla super glue. I will put it on tomorrow and have pics of it on me. For now this Also Does anyone know if there is red fabric pen I can use to maybe hide where the old spider was? Thanks!
DSC_0639.JPG
DSC_0640.JPG
DSC_0641.JPG

The last 2 are closeups where you can see where I took off the old spider

DSC_0643.JPG
DSC_0642.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back