Update: Solo Elite Edition just arrived!

Can the EE be taken apart? Like if you wanted to slide the scope back some, replace parts, etc...

Glad you all liked the pics. :) Hope they help anyone deciding if they want one or not.

Clutch, I'm not sure how to take the EE apart, but I did see that what looks like a screw in the rear of the slide that looks like a firing pin IS a screw and comes out. The sight above it then feels loose and I'm guessing you need to tap out the pin at the end of the sight to pull it upward and remove it. Perhaps that will expose more screws to disassemble the gun further. I did see that the knurled knobs on the scope side mount come off and there are threaded rods from the side of the gun body, unlike the knobs with the screw post attached to them. I took one off, but the other was down so tight I couldn't get it free by hand and am a bit uneasy about trying pliers or anything that would chew up the knurling on the knob.

I also noticed that the finish on the scope made it look as if they assembled it first and then sprayed it, as the finish seals up the joint between the threaded end caps and the body of the scope. I was hesitant to try and remove the end pieces as it may damage the finish and then I'd be forced to weather the blaster. :p

The finish on the body of the gun looks that way too, as it is smooth around the various pieces that are attached, such as the front grill. I'd say that unless you want to weather the gun after taking it apart, be very careful in disassembling it. :)

(edited for typo)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MikeyX @ Dec 19 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]1380878[/snapback]</div>
Thanks for the comparison pics Betamin - it's great to finally see them side by side :)

A friend of mine has the LE, and I've just received an EE so at some point I will get a chance to compare them together. However from the looks of it I think MR seem to have done a great job on both the LE and the EE - I'm not sure which I'd pick as a favourite as they each have their advantages and disadvanteges to me.
[/b]
I have to say the same, thank you very much for the comparison pics, Betamin.
And MikeyX, we'll be waiting for your comparison... ;)

Other then the new tooling for the gun being much nicer then the Denix I like the original better... But both are great pieces no doubt...

Jedi Dade

I received the piece today and first , I was impressed by the packaging and most importantly the gun is crazy cool. I'm totally happy with the purchase. If any of you are on the fence, go ahead and pull the trigger (bad pun intended) and purchase it, you won't be disappointed.

I missed the EE delivery today. I signed the sticker so DHL can leave the boxes when they try again tomorrow. By this time tomorrow I will be weathering a blaster.

Christopher

If anyone wants to see a specific shot of a part of the gun, let me know and I'll snap it and post it.

Mine just arrived and I love it. It's gorgeous.

I have had every intention of weathering mine, but now that I hold it in my hands there is no possible way I can bring myself to modify it in any way. It's just too darn gorgeous.

Question for the group, though...

What is the small extra piece that is included separately? I feel like I should know this but for the life of me I haven't a clue.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kuyadavid @ Dec 20 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]1381691[/snapback]</div>
Mine just arrived and I love it. It's gorgeous.

I have had every intention of weathering mine, but now that I hold it in my hands there is no possible way I can bring myself to modify it in any way. It's just too darn gorgeous.

Question for the group, though...

What is the small extra piece that is included separately? I feel like I should know this but for the life of me I haven't a clue.
[/b]

That is supposed to be the "broken" version of the sight on the barrel that is seen in a lot of pics. Pull upward on the one on the blaster, and it's just held on with a piece of double stick tape. The one that is on the gun is what was on it originally, and it was probably knocked off at some point. I think that side pic posted earlier showing the closeup of the left side of the gun shows it on the barrel with the "antennae" attached, but it's hard to see.

Actually, looking back, there's a little blurb about it on the "prop info" folder page I scanned that came with the gun.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(idroid @ Dec 21 2006, 12:16 AM) [snapback]1381857[/snapback]</div>
Delivered today. Anyone have a wirebrush?

Christopher
[/b]

:lol

I've been sitting here throwing rocks at it to give it a good weathered look.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Betamin @ Dec 20 2006, 10:37 PM) [snapback]1381969[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

Toss it down a gravel driveway a few times. That should do the trick ;)
Didn't someone at the RPF do that with their custom OB1 ANH saber a couple years ago?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yodaman @ Dec 21 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]1382148[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Betamin @ Dec 20 2006, 10:37 PM) [snapback]1381969[/snapback]
[/b]

Didn't someone at the RPF do that with their custom OB1 ANH saber a couple years ago?
[/b][/quote]

:lol I don't know, but I doubt I could make myself do that to a prop.

I almost feel like I SHOULD weather the blaster... with it so nice and clean, I'm going to freak out if it gets a ding or a scratch in the perfect finish now. :p While unscrewing the center screw in the back of the slide, my screwdriver slipped and slid across the back of the slide piece, leaving a fine mark. I just about pinched a loaf as I thought "NOnononononononononooooo.", but it wiped off with a bit of rubbing.

If anyone DOES weather theirs, please post pics for us all to see how it looks, either here or in a new thread. I'm anxious to see this shiny thing with some distress to it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yodaman @ Dec 21 2006, 06:31 AM) [snapback]1382148[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Betamin @ Dec 20 2006, 10:37 PM) [snapback]1381969[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

OT: I did that to my Roman's Obi-Wan ANH. It dings and scratches it up nice. :)

#1037 arrived about 45 minutes ago. :D
Man. . . this thing is just phenomenal. . . it really looks sooooo much better than in any pics.
Definitely satisfied. :thumbsup
I had read someone was asking about sliding the scope back. With the windage knob assembly placed where it is, you wouldn't really be able to slide it back more than a couple of mm. I don't see any need personally to mess with it, though.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back