Update: Solo Elite Edition just arrived!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Betamin @ Dec 26 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]1384963[/snapback]</div>
Alex, thanks for the disassembly description. Got any pics you wouldn't mind posting of how it looks in pieces?

:)
[/b]

no kidding.

could the pieces inside be made to move? ie make it a wirking trigger and/or hammer? they are static right? ive never held an MR blaster... just a bunch of denixs...

The lower is one piece, with the trigger held in by a "u" with a loose cross pin. The upper has the rear sight (which is held in by a pin and the firing "pin" (actually a bolt)), the nozzle, the charging handle portion of what would be the bolt (also held in by the firing pin/bolt), and the assembly that shows as the "bolt" whcih is screwed to the upper from the inside. The hammer assembly is a cute little cartridge assembly that slides out; it is held in by two tiny screws under the mount.

The mount is the two rings, the cradle, the upright, the dovetail section, the bar, two spacers, two knurled knobs, and the center knob. And of course the two bolts going from the dovetailed knobs into the lower.

A

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wakal @ Dec 27 2006, 09:24 AM) [snapback]1385156[/snapback]</div>
The lower is one piece, with the trigger held in by a "u" with a loose cross pin. The upper has the rear sight (which is held in by a pin and the firing "pin" (actually a bolt)), the nozzle, the charging handle portion of what would be the bolt (also held in by the firing pin/bolt), and the assembly that shows as the "bolt" whcih is screwed to the upper from the inside. The hammer assembly is a cute little cartridge assembly that slides out; it is held in by two tiny screws under the mount.

The mount is the two rings, the cradle, the upright, the dovetail section, the bar, two spacers, two knurled knobs, and the center knob. And of course the two bolts going from the dovetailed knobs into the lower.

A
[/b]

I hope you post pics after yours is all weathered. :)

This weekend will be spent trying to find what I normally keep on hand in my workshop...400/600/800/1200 grit sandpaper...

...the Turks seem to think that 220 is "extra extra extra fine"...sigh.

Alex

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wakal @ Dec 27 2006, 08:02 PM) [snapback]1385353[/snapback]</div>
This weekend will be spent trying to find what I normally keep on hand in my workshop...400/600/800/1200 grit sandpaper...

...the Turks seem to think that 220 is "extra extra extra fine"...sigh.

Alex
[/b]

:lol

Been some time I hadn't posted. But kept looking.
And when the good stuff comes, I tend to grab it.

Here, today.

I sort of weathered it a bit, following the chronicles images I had. And I lubed it, with gun lube.
As the paint on it is so dull it looks dead. Some gun lube can help it come alive.

Pictures are good quality but not great lighting. Heh.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(superjedi @ Dec 28 2006, 12:14 AM) [snapback]1385456[/snapback]</div>
Must. . . see. . . closer-upper pictures.
And perhaps a mini-tutorial on what methods/materials you used??
[/b]

Here (best I can do now):

(click on it).

Simple stuff really. Sand paper or the like. Just make sure you sand where hands and/or heavier usage would go in time. Orignal images may help.

Just sand the heck out of it until you see the steel coming out. Be patient.
Regarding the lube, any gun lube will do. But it has to be gun lube, no other kind of. To avoid ruining the metal.

Leaving tomorrow for the mid-east (holidays), will be back in a few.

Hey, Blaster Maniac. Harrison Ford called. He wants his blaster back.

:p

Looks great.. You know, if that Stormtrooper blaster is taking up too much room, you can send it to me, and I'll give it a good home.

:D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rmschneider104 @ Dec 28 2006, 03:31 AM) [snapback]1385550[/snapback]</div>
Great weathering job. Thanks for sharing pics of your work. I'm sure it will inspire others.
[/b]

Oh it's a pleasure. I learned this kind of stuff here anyways.
Wait until Wakal does his.

Betamin, haha ;)

You guys take care

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rmschneider104 @ Dec 27 2006, 07:31 PM) [snapback]1385550[/snapback]</div>
Great weathering job. Thanks for sharing pics of your work. I'm sure it will inspire others.
[/b]

You have inspired me. I'm getting the courage back up to weather mine. The gun lube is a great idea.

Blaster Maniac, can you tell me what kind of gun lube you used?

I'm seeing lots of different kinds online, but I don't know anything about gun lube.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kuyadavid @ Dec 28 2006, 06:47 PM) [snapback]1385883[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rmschneider104 @ Dec 27 2006, 07:31 PM) [snapback]1385550[/snapback]
[/b]

You have inspired me. I'm getting the courage back up to weather mine. The gun lube is a great idea.

Blaster Maniac, can you tell me what kind of gun lube you used?

I'm seeing lots of different kinds online, but I don't know anything about gun lube.
[/b][/quote]

I am glad mate. This place (the RPF) has been much about inspiraiton really. It was in the past at least, it's been some time I haven't used the board consistently.

I am sure Wakal (who is a gunsmith, or used to be) will give you a rather informed response on the lube.
I just entered a gun shop and asked for a generic gunlube, not an expensive or particular one.
I have a Spray one. Just spray it generously over it, and with a clean soft cloth, spread it nicely all over. Make sure it won't dry: you want some to stay as it is what is going to give it the look. Plus, I believe the gun lube will interact with the paint in time, weathering it and making it come more alive and real.

In fact, I am going to re-apply it from time to time, even if keeping the gun in the display will protect the lube from drying out.

Sounds okay?

Cheers

Fil ;)

Wow - You guys are brave to weather such a high priced item . But hey.. kudos to you... that's what its for - do what you want to it. Looks nice.

That turned out great. I will be happy if mine ends up even close to that good :)

"Pristine" prop replicas from the real Star Wars are for chumps...if you want clean and pretty toys, go play Star Trek with the other misfits :lol

Alex

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wakal @ Dec 29 2006, 11:41 AM) [snapback]1386396[/snapback]</div>
That turned out great. I will be happy if mine ends up even close to that good :)

"Pristine" prop replicas from the real Star Wars are for chumps...if you want clean and pretty toys, go play Star Trek with the other misfits :lol

Alex
[/b]

There he is (Hi Alex, been a long time: Fil from Italy here).

I am sure yours will be up to another standard. I still remember your work.
I will be changing the scope too, thanks to Maul who sold me the real deal. I know you have at least one yourself, I think I have seen it on a "real" replica of yours in pictures around here. And what a marvel that one is.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back