United Cutlery - Legolas Greenleaf

Pants

Hey all, just wondering if anyone had the UC Legolas Knives and Scabbards that would be willing to send me some HD images I canuse for reference? The dream would be to buy a set, but that's not really possible these days lol.

Thanks!!

I have the first version set on my wall. I can take a few pics. Is there anything in particular you want to see?

I got the Hobbit version of the knives at Christmas, and I was lucky to find a set of scabbards on Ebay 1 month later... I can post pictures later - anything in particular you're interested in?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I got the Hobbit version of the knives at Christmas, and I was lucky to find a set of scabbards on Ebay 1 month later... I can post pictures later - anything in particular you're interested in?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I have the first version set on my wall. I can take a few pics. Is there anything in particular you want to see?

Pretty much everything from both of these sets would be amazing! Close ups of all the little details on the blades/handles etc. would be perfect! I'm planning on starting a Legolas build and want to make these as accurate as possible

I will have a look later today! Mine are not pristine due to the previous owner, but they look fine still. I'll post pics and you can decide if they are useful.

Warning: pic heavy!

IMG_20170706_205311.jpgIMG_20170706_205303.jpgIMG_20170706_205258.jpgIMG_20170706_205253.jpgIMG_20170706_205250.jpgIMG_20170706_205246.jpgIMG_20170706_205236.jpgIMG_20170706_205231.jpgIMG_20170706_205222.jpgIMG_20170706_205343.jpgIMG_20170706_205404.jpgIMG_20170706_205338.jpg

Correct, the scabbards are white/mother-of-pearl. The Lord of The Rings: Weapons and Warfare book calls them The White Knives, "because of the pearlescent scabbards."

Some stats from that book:
Length: A little under 2 feet.
Handle: About 8 inches long.
Blade: 16-inch.

LegolasWhiteKnives.jpg

These are perfect! Am I reading you right that you have the Hobbit version of the knives, and the LOTR scabbards?

- - - Updated - - -

Correct, the scabbards are white/mother-of-pearl. The Lord of The Rings: Weapons and Warfare book calls them The White Knives, "because of the pearlescent scabbards."

Some stats from that book:
Length: A little under 2 feet.
Handle: About 8 inches long.
Blade: 16-inch.

View attachment 742505
This is the Hobbit set-up, correct? The measurements will definitely help me, thank you!

Yes correct, Hobbit knives and LOTR scabbards. I don't think they ever made a Hobbit version of the scabbards.

I found this old WETA pic of the LOTR setup as well, and apparently the blades dont have the gold detailing like the Hobbit versions...
f1812abfca8505c8b459c3654ebfce9c.jpg

It might just be that image. Here's a shot from Helms Deep where you can see the gold more clearly:

Legolas.jpg

What's strange is that those scabbards are closer to the design of the Hobbit ones, but they're attached to the Lothlorien quiver.

It might just be that image. Here's a shot from Helms Deep where you can see the gold more clearly:

View attachment 743914

What's strange is that those scabbards are closer to the design of the Hobbit ones, but they're attached to the Lothlorien quiver.
This whole thing is blowing my mind... I know he go new gear in Lothlorien, so the Hobbit style scabbards on the Mirkwood Quiver makes sense. But like you said, these are definitely on the Lothlorien kit..
I did find an excerpt from the Weapons and Warfare book online that said the scabbards were leather and and knives got the name because of the ash wood handles with brass pommels/inlay in the engraving.. Did you have a copy to cross reference to confirm which is correct by any chance? I'm trying to source one through my circle of friends but the only ones who might have a copy are a few hours away from me.
Loneken in you photos, the side view of the scabbards where there is a gap between the brass/gold and the leather, is that the same detailed swirling as the Hobbit versions above where the, I guess you could call them 'clips' are over the leather strap? I'm wondering if that's the backside of them and there's a photo or two missing that might shed some more light?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back