Umi the Snow Mandalorian (Photo intensive)

Hydra

This costume has made the rounds on some star wars costuming forums, but I regret never sharing it here since it's completion in 2009. To keep it short and sweet, it's a custom mandalorian that I initially built in about a weeks time after months of creative inner-monologuing and conceptual sketches. All components aside from the helmet were scratch made. The helmet itself is a modified Rubies Jango one piece. She's been to Dragon*Con, Comic Con, Star Wars Celebration and lots of stuff in between.

50708e47.jpg

2e7e9024.jpg

ba2dc5a4.jpg

f30bf374.jpg

97cdd29b.jpg

e654e90a.jpg

2010-04-18-1_0299.jpg

EDIT4898580909_ab435d1cd3_b.jpg

015.jpg

4899172288_65772a6817_b.jpg

012.jpg

005.jpg

009.jpg

001.jpg

283051_2000453723251_1000793639_31897995_7424358_n.jpg

ba2d62c75579897a58979e41c9ca230eEDITlittle.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Photos from various events.

Well thanks for sharing it here! Looks great!

How many takes did you need to get that action mid-air shot? :) Reminds me of the time I spent a whole morning doing stunts in the snow, and getting frostbite, with my mates making a James Bond Spoof only to find out that they forgot to put the tape in the camera, lol.

Love this! Amazing photo shoot you had with it too! Some amazing photos there. Also I love how feminine the costume reads and yet it still retains that level of being bad ass. Really well done!

That looks really, really great (was that posted on TDH? Some of the pics ring a bell) I'm nuts about anything snow related, and I love the armor and cloth look, so the hood over helmet, the kama, it all just comes together beautifully. The weathering offsets the pure white enough to lend interest, and it's just chock full of great details. Nice job, and amazing photos as well!

I like it! Your armor is weathered very well...have you considered maybe adding more weathering to your cloth parts?

I remember seeing this on the Mandalorian Mercs forum. This is by far my favorite custom mando EVER. It should be in a movie. I really love the paint work on the helmet, armor, and gauntlets. Hope to see this in person one day.

Awesome costume. I really like the subtle off-white color contrast to the white color. Great photos and great location shoot, it really locks in your snow theme.

Thank you guys!

Badmonkey: I jumped off of that darn rock about 6 times into rib-deep snow to get that shot. Needless to say there were bloopers:

blooper.jpg

Yes, this costume has been posted on the Mando Mercs and Dented Helmet :)

I will also be revamping her and donning the costume again at Star Wars Celebration 6.

Also, GINO: very funny!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back