Ultramarine - Human sized

you can order it from me. i can have the foam/plastics place here in town drop ship it to you. $30.00 bucks for two sheets of 72x48 in white. in black or blue woudl be a longer wait and about 40 bucks.

i just used hot glue. it bends easy enough.

you can order it from me. i can have the foam/plastics place here in town drop ship it to you. $30.00 bucks for two sheets of 72x48 in white. in black or blue woudl be a longer wait and about 40 bucks.

Hey Jay-Hope to see this at PCC- and for the foam is that from Andy's work?

yes. im prolly gonna wear it Friday. with voltron and Link on sunday and gears of war saturday (with the rest of the guys)

thanks very much. now quick question about this armor in particular. How did you manage to make the shoulders so well? I want to make the "Furious Gladiator" armor from WoW, and the shoulders look similar in shape, but ive been working with cardstock for patterns and can't figure out a way to get that seamless curve for the life of me.

oh there are seams. trust me. they are there. not sure if i haev pics of a step by step process, but bassically its a rectngle with "long triangles" cut out of the top side. i glued the middle 2 and outter singles together at the top, and glued everythign else in place afterwards.

mostly i didint have any templates, and eyeballed it all.

if you look back a ways there is one shoulder pad i built first, that the general concesus was it was far too small. i still have it, and am thinking about painting it up as something else.

Awesome work, especially the progressive changes for capturing the favor of an Ultramarine.

Would you be so kind as to explain how you hold the various pieces of armor in place? Elastic? Velcro? Friction? Straps? Gravity? Etc... Thanks!

sure.

unlike TK armor, this is ALL done with Hot Glue.

i do have 3 quick release buckles in the back of the torso so i can put it on and off.

here are some pics from PCC this past weekend.

5795104111_66e11d9028_o.jpg

5795104145_b9c6d85737_o.jpg

5795663112_eb4a132923_o.jpg

photocopy.jpg

5795103991_68c2d2ebd6_o.jpg

WP_0000462.jpg

5777743969_8dc1e56bd4_o.jpg

252011_205368572832855_100000791401671_485173_7924071_n.jpg

I love this one, cause I look like a toy.

0053_PHXCC_2011_Friday_morning.jpg

How did I miss this before? This is amazing! Finally someone who's done a Marine in scale, rather than stupidly oversized pouldrons and greaves.

thanks Mole! people kept asking me if I was gonna make it ten feet tall. still think i need to fix somethings liek the knees and shins, possibly bigger.

Well done mate. I have been an Ultramarine player for about 10 years and this does us proud.

The loin cloth would be great as you have done a veteran colour scheme and thusly it is very apropriate.

Scale for wargames are always difficult as they are heroic scale - heads/weapons and often accesories are oversized!

Where is the bolter from?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back