Ultramarine - Human sized

really bad pic...

0430011717_0002.jpg

99% done... have a bit of painting to do yet I think. more weathering than anything. need to build both boots which i will do after dinner. Think the tops of the thighs need to be bigger. thoughts?

ultra1.jpg

yltra2.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

051411190757.jpg

noticed just now the but plates should be a bit higher as well.

honest opinions as always.

Last edited:
Space marines are one o the most challenging costumes as far as I am concerned, due to their odd proportions. Considering this is foam, and you are making it wearable, I think you did an amazing job. Really don't have any comments other than proportions. For example, the chest is still a little small... The eagle emblem is squished a little horizontally... But that's just nitpicking. Absolutely stellar job!

been doing some overhauling.

added more pouches, built a krak grenade and added 4" of bulk to the chest armor.

might tear open the legs and try something wednesday, not sure yet.

225056_1978717460422_1017690554_2412379_902635_n.jpg

how'd you get the eye pieces that reflective red color and still keep them transparent for you to see through? (i need lenses like that for my ranger)

Guilliman would be proud.
I cant get over how glorious that bolter is, its distractingly awesome. The whole suit looks really good together. I bet you can't wait to wander around in public with that boy on.

I am a relative noob when it comes to all this costuming stuff, but I have to say, your costume is AMAZING.

You said that you used TB-20 foam and that it was 1/4" thick (i was indeed reading everything) but i am curious as to how you made it all curve and keep shape. also, where could one acquire this sort of foam, because i am looking into building a set of armor.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back