Ultimate Spiderman Symbiote

spideyman12004

I've always have loved the look of the Ultimate Spiderman Symbiote costume (something about the purple lol). So after some searching for patterns I came across of Orhadar's awesome Symbiote pattern. I had him change the colours from blue to purple which come out looking amazing(some reason pic of the pattern wouldn't load). I sent the pattern off to FOD to have it printed and recently sent it off to TrophyWife to have it sewn. As for the eyes I've seen a lot of people go with black frames, but I've decided to go with white frames to go with my costume to make it look authentic (got a pair of larger amazing frames from Goosebot5000). Next in line is to find a material for the lenses and what to use for the footwear. I'll keep you guys updated

Attachments

• symbiprint.png
    symbiprint.png
    217.3 KB · Views: 390
  • ultsymb.jpg
    ultsymb.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 3,965
  • symbioteframes.jpg
    symbioteframes.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 347
Last edited:
While I'm waiting for TrophyWife to finish with my suit, I went on ebay a bought some fine wire mesh. When it gets here I'll be doing a fine coat of flat black on one side and white on the other to prevent people from seeing my eyes. Not sure if I should go with plastic lens over the mesh or not. What do you guys think?

Got my mesh in the mail today. Couldn't believe how fast it came, especially seeing it came from the UK. Going to be painting the mesh up and cleaning up/shaping the frames tomorrow before going to the gym

Shaped the frames tonight by putting them into boiling water for roughly 10-15 seconds and carefully bent them into the shape I wanted them onto an old AZSpidey face shell I have. After they cooled I sanded with 400 then 1000 grit to smooth out the edges. After that, put a few coats of white on them (used automotive paint). Can see some air bubble pockets after I applied the first coat, but you can only notice them if you are up close. Ended up happy with the results I got. Also put a few coats of white on one side of the wire mesh and a quick coat of black on the other. May do one to two more coats on the wire as it still seems to have some silver in it

Attachments

• Symframes.JPG
    Symframes.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 220
Well messed up my mesh. Sprayed to much white on it and ended up not being able to see through it. That's what I get for having poor lighting in the garage lol

Got some progress pics from TrophyWife today. She said suit should be completed and shipped within another day or so. In the mean time here are the pics she sent me

Attachments

• mask.jpg
    mask.jpg
    630 KB · Views: 213
  • mask2.jpg
    mask2.jpg
    684.1 KB · Views: 202
  • mask3.jpg
    mask3.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 212
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 237
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 197
  • side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    752.2 KB · Views: 231
Wow! Can't wait to see the finished product. Sadly, i'm still waiting for a reply from TrophyWife (as she is a busy woman). Looking good! :)

Just received pics of my finished suit and TrophyWife is shipping out today. Should be here in a week or so. Here's the pics she sent. Can't wait to see it in person and see how it fits

Attachments

• symbiotefront.jpg
    symbiotefront.jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 235
  • symbioteback.jpg
    symbioteback.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 241
  • uzip.jpg
    uzip.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 218
For the shoes I'm cutting the soles off of some water shoes and will be gluing them to the bottom of the feet. I'll be inserting some Kung-fu slippers inside so it gives it more of a boot look instead of having bare feet

Received my costume in the mail today. TrophyWife did an amazing job on it. And looks like my resizing of the file worked because the suit fits great. I've attached a few pics of me wearing the suit

Attachments

• symarm.JPG
    symarm.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 253
  • symback.JPG
    symback.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 299
  • symeye.JPG
    symeye.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 271
  • symspid.JPG
    symspid.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 347
  • symspid2.JPG
    symspid2.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 297
Looks great. Take more pics. I want to see the entire spider. Maybe tuck in the hood?

Interested in how the eyes turn out. I'm doing a symbiote suit now and haven't decided on eyes yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Looks great. Take more pics. I want to see the entire spider. Maybe tuck in the hood?

Interested in how the eyes turn out. I'm doing a symbiote suit now and haven't decided on eyes yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'll do my best to post more pics. Still have to re-do the mesh for the eyes and get shoes for the feet. Here's a pic of the front of the suit

Attachments

• symfront.JPG
    symfront.JPG
    9.8 MB · Views: 269
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back