"Ultimate?" Gremlins 2 Mohawk Replica

batgremlin

As a kid, I was kind of fascinated by Mohawk - I could stare at pictures of that crazy Steve Wang design (and paint job) for hours, and I used to draw him all the time. Since then I replicated quite a lot of different Gremlins designs for my collection, but I never « dared » to make a full size Mohawk - measuring my painting skills to one of Steve’s masterpieces was a bit scary. Yet, year after year, literally thousands of bad copies of the original Mohawk Kaiyodo kit surfaced, resulting in lots of shrunk, deformed, horribly painted kits, and I finally got disguisted by that design… and I procrastinated even more. Until this week: I finally finished my first attempt at a Mohawk paint job… I tried to match the transparency layers and thousands of spots; it was sure tough to do it justice... and It’s quite something to have him in front of you, even for a Gremlin-jaded eye like mine :) Enjoy the pics!
PS: Not for sale at this time.

Attachments

• 3-4 dos - copie.jpg
    3-4 dos - copie.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 809
  • 3-4 face - copie.jpg
    3-4 face - copie.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 549
  • face - copie.jpg
    face - copie.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,055
  • gp 3-4 face - copie.jpg
    gp 3-4 face - copie.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 626
  • gp face - copie.jpg
    gp face - copie.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,010
  • profil - copie.jpg
    profil - copie.jpg
    1,021.4 KB · Views: 1,490
Amazing work!

Even though the movie isn't as good as the first, the designs on some of the Gremlins really stand out and are the high point of the film. Mohawk was one of them, and you've done a fantastic job of recreating him.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back