Uk Predators

I have to agree with strugglingrunt, it doesn't alienate us. It's just cements the community a bit more. I'm all for it.

Xander

I have to agree with strugglingrunt, it doesn't alienate us. It's just cements the community a bit more. I'm all for it.

Xander

QFT, most definitely!

Alright, so maybe we should try and organise a meet sometime in the New Year? I know everyone is on the slippery slope into Christmas chaos right now (I certainly am, my craft room has exploded in a pile of tinsel) so next year is probably best, lol.

When we've all recovered from the onset of 2012 we should start talking dates, times and locations. Sound like a good plan? I don't mind organising, I used to organise events for a living so a meet-up of a few Predator fans isn't much of a stretch :p

Oh and when we've got some dates confirmed for 2012 conventions (Expo, LFCC, Memo etc) we should post them somewhere we can all see them. Yes?

Different parts of the world, does not mean we are seperating ourselves from the mothership ( here ) i mean do we get pissed that the US guys or Irish guys etc arrange meet ups?.................... NOPE and why they hell would we lol.

A con meet up can be stickied at the top of the Predator general discussion if needed.

BUT the usual LONDON thing is not going to attract many, you would need to make it central to the UK as a whole to attract the most, Manchester USED to have a collectormania/Memorabilia ( i forget which ) but they stopped, so i guess it is going to need some planning as to where and when.

QFT, most definitely!

Alright, so maybe we should try and organise a meet sometime in the New Year? I know everyone is on the slippery slope into Christmas chaos right now (I certainly am, my craft room has exploded in a pile of tinsel) so next year is probably best, lol.

When we've all recovered from the onset of 2012 we should start talking dates, times and locations. Sound like a good plan? I don't mind organising, I used to organise events for a living so a meet-up of a few Predator fans isn't much of a stretch :p

Oh and when we've got some dates confirmed for 2012 conventions (Expo, LFCC, Memo etc) we should post them somewhere we can all see them. Yes?

Yes I agree with that, can never find these posted on the Lair. Normally can only find the expo's in america or Europe lol
BUT the usual LONDON thing is not going to attract many, you would need to make it central to the UK as a whole to attract the most, Manchester USED to have a collectormania/Memorabilia ( i forget which ) but they stopped, so i guess it is going to need some planning as to where and when.

So why not everyone post the Expo's closest to them and then we can take the average expo thats either in the centre from top to bottom distances or take the one that has the most members surrounding it? If you get what I mean (my wording is shody).

Why not make a thread called UK expo's and Pin it? Then everytime there is a new expo it can be added in there. Or will that just make the thread too long?

hell bloody yes! this is what i wanted a proper uk pred meet up! like i said before the us and irish lads often do there own thing. this year has been bloody mad and i've not suited up once this year for a gig so wanna get as many in next year as possible! SO COUNT ME IN PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys .. i guess my comment came across wrong... im all in for the meet ups yeah count me in i was reffering to the clan symbol idea ... sorry that it came across the way it did i didnt realise... was just my opinion

but im in for the meetups ive only met 3 other predheads in person so far and i want to meet the rest of you im at the london expo twice every year so im bound to meet some of you

im looking frwrd to this, im from west yorkshire,and dont know who else is,but if needs be i will go to london to meet you guys there!
i think there is a expo or something at the birmingham ncc?!! this november,was hoping to get to that but wont be finished in time,but next year definatly.

Hows this for an idea - we all meet at the various shows and Expos anyway (let's face it, we ain't hard to spot) but there's also a separate social meet to just hang out and get to know each other? At a fairly central point because not everyone can get to London.

Or alternatively Pred-heads in different bits of the country can organise their own social meet-ups? I think there's a ton of people near London though so um... yeah? I don't know, I don't think I'm making any sense, it's far too early for me to be awake on a Sunday :)

Hi Guys, yes I agree that meet-ups both in and out of costume would be a great idea. Please count me in !

Selecting a venue area is not easy because we are all spread far and wide across the UK.
Perhaps one option for the future might be the Memorabilia Show that Predwolf just mentioned. It is centrally placed at the Birmingham NEC and is held each November. ( this coming weekend in fact 19th and 20th Nov )
It attracts large crowds and there are Hotels on site.

I will be there in my Mander P1 next weekend if any of you feel like visiting it.

Lets keep this topic active and try to sort something out.

It really would be great to put faces to names and socialize together.

Indeed I agree, this is awesome idea. I will be at the London expo's providing that my suit revamp is complete lol aiming at end of April 2012 so is all hands on deck till then. But yeah I agree that this thread should be kept active

Lets try to do one bigger meet up in London, out of costumes, just at the beggining of new year, I will try to figure out where and when and then I will let you guys know. Then we could make a plan and hit some expo with the bigger bunch of Preds. I think weekend would be perfect for that and London will be the best place to meet up, what do you think?
I wish I was at november expo, but Im not in the country till the end of this month so I have to wait.

hi endoskull i would of met you there bro if i had my suit ready,as iwas aiming for that date,time is the killer!!lol.
im putting all hours i can to finish it off. if i do go i will present myself to you!!if not happy hunting fella!!! tony.

And the London push starts again.......sigh.

Nec Birmingham is pretty central as far as available events go, and thats as far as i ( personally ) would be able to travel anyway. so ill be hitting the next available one when i get my suit done.

good luck with your meet up.

cant really blame people for wanting to do the london events as they're the bigger events i suppose, i would traverl to nec etc but i would have to make it was worth the trip.

for me it will be worth the travelling as far as all the work ive put into the suit, i wanna get the most out of it!!!so roll on next year

I'm all for Birmingham as a convention gathering, the NEC is so simple to get to for most people - either train from London Euston or on the motorway, it's about two hours provided the M25 isn't gridlocked. And there's plenty of hotels on-site that aren't horribly expensive so yeah, if there's anything good at the NEC consider me there. Equally Milton Keynes is fairly easy to get to, I think there's an Expo or some such there and it's held in a horribly draughty hall so at least we'd be warm :p

For the social meet though I think us southerners might have to be a bit selfish and say London, because it's an easy place to just hang out. I know it's a bit of a trek for the northerners and those who live in the far flung reaches of the UK but like I said earlier, nothing's stopping there being more than one social meet.

I think people are also getting the convention gatherings and the social meets confused? I dunno. But yeah.

hi all just to let you no i cant wait to meet up with you all next year for a good old hunt very cool 100% there.

also my predator costume should be ready in the summer.

plus this weekend me and a few friends are at the N,E,C im dressing up as kit fisto as i cant yet become a predator but it will do for now give me a shout if anyone is going

this topic is getting interesting,do we actually know how many preds we have in the uk for this clan!? everyday theres a member popping up from the uk. we could do with a count up!!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back