UK based Master Chief clay sculpt

More arm pictures. Quite a full on weekend trying to get the lower arms done. They are looking really good, symmetrical, almost feature complete. Amys going to do some more tomorrow whilst im at work... on a bank holiday Monday :(

Chief_Arm8.jpg

Chief_Arm9.jpg

Chief_Arm10.jpg

We are planning on offering full suits, part suits... anything really :) Once we are finished.

As for getting the clay smooth, its just a cast of using various scrappers and tools to work the surfaces. I explain our technique on our thread on the 405th, im at work at the moment so cant dig it out right now but its all on there.

More on the arms. We are determined to finish the lower arms before we go on hols on Wednesday night. Sorry for the poor pic quality, iphone at night.

MCArm100.jpg

Weve been casting a few small details in resin, both on the outer and inner arm. You can see one by the wrist. As these are mirrored and replicated on both arms it made sense to cast them... get them the same. They fit great and really adds another level of polish to the piece. Overall more incuts been made, more details added and had a once over. Getting there!

Beautiful work. Nice clean lines and smooth planes. Thanks for the update!

I may have to hunt down your 405th thread.

one: awesome! powerful jealous of your work. two: powerful jealous of the woman in your life being so keen to help!

loving this man, so so good to see sculpting being done.

some mighty impressive work there! And as n0regret5 said, its pretty cool your ladyfriend is so into it as well :)

I can't wait to see it all together!

Thanks everyone, appreciate it! Its great to finally clean the kitchin floor... even if it is only for a week whilst we are away :)

one: awesome! powerful jealous of your work. two: powerful jealous of the woman in your life being so keen to help!

loving this man, so so good to see sculpting being done.

From the "woman in his life" - keen! *manic laughter* :lol

But thankyou - I do do nice clean work :lol

Update update... looks like ive neglected this thread for a few weeks. Appologes.

We started the second thigh a week ago:

Kitchen.jpg

Ok that was Sunday, we started last Monday... looking like this

OtherThigh.jpg

A clean kitchen was good whilst it lasted! :)

So yes, the chest is gone... horray! The mould pulls look very sucessful. Unfortunatly we didnt have any gel coat at the time. Weve purchased some more since and im going to pull a cast on Tuesday.

Latest photo of the second thigh:

MCthighNew1.jpg

Just took this... pleased for a weeks work. Going to polish and tidy tomorrow then put the first layer of silicone on in the evening.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back