U.S.S. Trieste (DS9 Kitbash)

Not too much to report… been busy at work, and it’s been raining, so not much painting done. Plus, honestly, I’m being lazy because I don’t really want to redo all the lower window masks, lol. But I did get the small nacelles assembled and painted, along with the long guns. The Maquis kit also arrived, so I can start with those bits this week.

I finally was able to transfer the forward long guns picture from my phone to my computer, and then to Imgur, and now here. Those pictures of the Trieste were a great help!

Pi3HeH7.jpg

Hope this helps you to finish your build.

Believe it or not but I have had a "re-fit" done on my USS Trieste build. I discovered by accident that I had used the wrong Saturn V model kits on another build. So, I purchased two Monogram 1/144 Saturn V kits for that build. Since I now had parts that were used to build up the Trieste I removed the first Saturn V kit parts and replaced them with the parts from the Monogram kits. Those parts are the Silver/Grey color parts in the following pictures. I am waiting on the weather to warm up so I can start painting outside again, so until that happens this build, and a few others, are waiting in the wings.

kAUoxVL.jpg

edvovNH.jpg

wu1oc07.jpg

jT8dqb1.jpg

ekuedBU.jpg

UCd3Oe3.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Okay… small update… after much time, I’m restarting work on the Trieste. The top is now finished, with the installation of the aft dome cannon. I’ve removed the bottom window masks in preparation for replacing them in the CORRECT positions, now that I have refs for the underside. Small bits glued on to the bottom.

I think I may have screwed myself with the structure supporting the center bottom long guns… as you can see, my assembly differs from what stevielewis has. Unfortunately, I cannot find the instructions sheet, so IDK how to correctly put that bit together. I’ll keep trying to find it, but so far, no luck.

0D578F55-2122-4715-B86A-D50D82B2E048.jpeg

EDD51B81-DA19-4C2B-A2E0-9EBBDB36443A.jpeg

Attachments

• 2627CEFA-2AE4-48FE-9934-58B4E1D1F0CC.jpeg
    2627CEFA-2AE4-48FE-9934-58B4E1D1F0CC.jpeg
    575.6 KB · Views: 78
Something isn't right on your forward cannon assembly. I'll be back later with a photo of the assembly instructions. I have a dental appointment this morning. Are you using the 1:35 Tamiya German 20mm Flakvierling 38 kit number 35091?

Last edited:
Ok, I have a soso image of the Flakvierling instructions. All you will need to do is use the first two steps to build the forward cannon main body. There are a few parts that you will not need to use. I will try to add that information here:

hox4Vxr.jpg

The following parts will not be used from step one: E24, E25, E15, F8, E7, E10, E11.
Use these parts in step two: F21, F1, F18a, F18b.
Remember to use E13 to allow the cannons to swivel.

That should be all you need to do to make the forward cannons and body.

Last edited:
Ok, I have a soso image of the Flakvierling instructions. All you will need to do is use the first two steps to build the forward cannon main body. There are a few parts that you will not need to use. I will try to add that information here:

View attachment 1572522

The following parts will not be used from step one: E24, E25, E15, F8, E7, E10, E11.
Use these parts in step two: F21, F1, F18a, F18b.
Remember to use E13 to allow the cannons to swivel.

That should be all you need to do to make the forward cannons and body.
Thank you so much! Yeah, it looks like I just did the top part? I still have all the other bits, so I should be able to fix this. Thanks again!

I painted the wee nacelles, and then I got bored, so I took a close-up pic with me iPad.

5B5323C4-CF3F-4CB9-8210-25E2CC89F804.jpeg

7AAEE84C-A9B1-4C77-A763-828B95E816B2.jpeg

So LONG overdue update…

It turns out I DID in fact, glue that bottom chunky bit under the forward guns wrong. Thankfully, I didn’t glue anything to the saucer yet, so, I decided to order a new German Flakvierling kit and make the part again. As soon as it gets here, I’ll restart work on the Trieste.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back