TWO 1:350 Polar Lights Refits at one time!

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So... the fun begins.
Two(2) 1:350 Refits being built simultaneously.
I actually started these two Wayyyyy back.
I built quite a number of them before it became a popular “client” build and before guys made their alternate parts and created masking kits( thank God)! I had to make my own out of Artist Frisket!
Both will feature lights, the aztecing in four colors( Gold,Green,Red and Blue) over the flat white base,Photo Etched and resin accurate replacement parts and a laundry list of other stuff.
I bounce around in the construction of these So my order and methods may vary.
The secondary hull and shuttle-bay are currently under construction . There was an unusual amount of mold release on BOTH kits, so they were washed several times. I have posted this same build log on my FACEBOOK page but thought it may be of some interest here.

Hope you guys enjoy the ride!

DnSjRg.jpg

i2AN5v.jpg

qe2iSY.jpg

zUV0U5.jpg

Here's my personal completed build as a reference to the final results of the Current two.

Two 1:350 Polar Lights Refit Enterprise Builds Update #2.
The Shuttle Bay.
First all the parts from both kits needed to washed with soapy water to remove the unusual amount of mold release on this kit. If not our paint job would be ruined, not to mention our glues and cement not working.
The row of windows molded in either side of the bay walls needs to be dremeled open to allow for internal lighting. The windows will be filled in with clear epoxy once the detail painting and decals are applied. The photo etched parts were attached after the areas were properly sanded.
The Photo etched interior wall beams were attached on both kits. A time consuming and laborious task to say the least.
The bays are now getting primed and will be airbrushed/ detailed/ Decals.

ZiQDDf.jpg

1D7uKw.jpg

Na7C0O.jpg

7eir9S.jpg

FSPwXs.jpg

Xjych5.jpg

o29WhD.jpg

mrHaCP.jpg

q92N4L.jpg

EknsrZ.jpg

GH4DXs.jpg

jN36El.jpg

You're off to a great start on your builds. I know what you mean about the amount of mold release on the kit parts. I now have to use much hotter tap water together with scrubbing and soaking the parts with both Simple Green and Dawn, while leaving the parts in the solution much longer to more effectively emulsify the mold release to get them "squeaky clean". The latest release of the 2001 Moonbus had a ridiculous amount of mold release. It seemed to take forever to get it off. It's a lot of work, but it sure pays off later for assembly and painting!

E

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back