Twin pod Cloud car.

Ralphee sorry to budge in with these questions but is this an OOP Kit as I checked the site & see no kit of this.
Or does 'coin drop kit' mean it was a limited run :confused
Guess i still have a lot to learn....

Jase, its by Timeslip models, at least, this casting. The hulls are still from Tobe's (Coinprop by username) pattern.
I think you can still buy them, check with Timeslip buddy.

bests.......lee

Nice job. Built two of these kits myself, one for a friend one for me. It's a nice big size, although accuracy is wanting... the pods themselves are at least 1" too wide or more, but I didn't notice that until I actually got the kit and compared it to photos. My favourite part are the two pilot figures which look great! Note that the original was painted quite a bright orange though, almost like a pumpkin with a bit more red, not the subdued tan-orange most people paint the thing.

Correct, Coinprop's hulls are too wide/deep. That was noticed a good while back when Allan Hansen built his and made new pattern for the rear stand off plating.

Still cuts a nice shape though lol, even if it has piled on a few pounds, may be porky, but i still love it lol.

The orange is a tough one, Chronicles does show the bottles used, looks to be Floquil, closest to me eye is still Reefer, but in the end, yes it should be very vibrant, not a subdued hue at all....Pumpkin really sums it up.

lee

Here's one of the two I built...

The colour I used was from a rattlecan by an obscure manufacturer (Canadian company but made in the USA!) of an orange colour they call Chevrolet Orange that is about halfway between Floquil CN Orange #11 and Model Master Acryl Chevy Engine Red#4629 Those last two colours were also used for tinting some of the panelling, but it's done subtly and can be seen in real life. It doesn't show up well in these pictures. I wanted the display model to be slightly more subtle than the filming miniature since the original model's paneling is necessarily more garish for film.

CloudCollage.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back