Trying to contact swpropmaker

gonk27

Sr Member
Is Steve still around? ... :confused

I'm hoping to get an update on my ROTJ version AT-ST (or better still the kit itself).

I haven't heard from him in quite a while.

Thanks.

Is Steve still around? ... :confused

I'm hoping to get an update on my ROTJ version AT-ST (or better still the kit itself).

I haven't heard from him in quite a while.

Thanks.
I´m waiting for one of these as well, a couple of weeks he said....November-08.

Last edited:
Steve is very often over at the endobuildersclub.com .

Looks like he's done with SS modeling and has found a new love in the ultimate Endo.

Thomas

Well that's a whole lot of bull$H!T... get your facts straight before you spew garbage like that all over the place...:rolleyes

I'll call him now...

Would you care to borrow a pry-bar to get that foot out of your mouth. Read some threads before making posts like that.

Um, I been reading the Rpf for over a a year now. Every time they have registration I am out of town due to my job.

So, dont give me that newbie ignorance crud. I notice thats all you guys do when a new register person says something you don't like. Just throw the "newbie" term in there ..Makes you feel big that you signed up a few years before I did.

Maybe I know more stuff or skills than you do? How do you not know if I have friends who build props for hollywood?

All i wnated to know was why he took to long to contact him, and did he try to pm him.

I'm on the phone with Steve now. All the molds for the ROTJ At-Sts (new leg molds) are finished, he's pouring the no shrink masters of the leg molds tonight. And he WILL run what is owed.

There is new news to announce about about the ESB, and ROTJ At-Sts due to a new partnership with a Hollywood effects professional to help join forces to get the kits out to those who want them. Without a wait.

Also...
Steve can have an interest in personal projects, give the man a break...

wow.... ok... ummm an update for those who want to know..

back at the end of 08 it was brought to my attention by fellow studio scalers that the scale was wrong with the ROTJ ATST legs. The legs that were included in the kit were WAY to small. Good eye guys. I have remade the masters to be more accurate to actual scale. see pic. The new one is the larger one.
367948818.jpg

It was agreed that I would hold off sending out any more kits with the wrong legs unless the customer wanted them. Everyone I contatced stated they wanted the new more accurate legs. Hence the wait. I answer my emails and try to keep everyone updated.

Guys you want the old kit I will send it right away..

I have been working my tail off getting the TIE/Interceptor kits out and am finally doing that as Ive fixed the problem with the armeture.

Anyhow.. the entire time ive been knocking out the ROTJ master patterns..molds ect.. parts being boxed for molding....

367948713.jpg

367948775.jpg

367948762.jpg

367948747.jpg

here are some pics of the larger leg molds ready to be back poured with no shrink to make mold masters.

367948788.jpg

old vs new
367948802.jpg

367948811.jpg

So once these are all back poured and good mold masters are made I will run the sets needed to get folks up to date all the while sending out TIEs and other stuff.

as Jamie indicated I have agreed to terms to partner with a professional fx guy in Cali that will be taking over the production/packing and shipping of any future ROTJ/ESB kit runs. I am going to concertrate on TIE's and Y's for the time being. There are other subjects that this new partnership will go after but that will be later down the road.

This partnership will be modeled after a very sucessful one that has proven itself on this board over and over again. You guys know who you are chime in if you want.

Key point lighten my work/commitment load get kits to those who want them WITHOUT waiting. Studio scale subjects without the pain of waiting is the Endgame...

Lastley.. Thomas.. WTF? you dont know me... to post what you did was wrong. un called for.. Ive started posting here again as updated folks are more happy than those that are not.

Ive had to eat crow so many times and have made people wait longer than they should .... but you know what... good folks are still waiting.... Ive never QUIT trying to get them taken care of.... ever.

as far as my online activites and off RPF hobbies are conserned its none of your buisness.

For your information I visit and participate in many sites.. endobuilderclub is just one..

I HAVE NOT QUIT STUDIO SCALE ...

Thomas... If it matters I also visit snipershide, gunbroker, ebay, several modeling sites, tower hobbies and some id rather not say:love....

I also take time to go to work.. play with my kids and &^&% my wife. &^&% means "talk to" by the way...

My phone number is on every thread im in just search.. its there... it has not changed in 10 years.

Guys... as far as the ATST stuff goes I did not recieve any request via email sneisen@bresnan.net or phone (303) 817 9339 to update... if you can check the date on the pics they were taken two days ago with the intention of posting here..... to show progress but looks like this thread beat me to it.

Steve

Um, I been reading the Rpf for over a a year now. Every time they have registration I am out of town due to my job.

So, dont give me that newbie ignorance crud. I notice thats all you guys do when a new register person says something you don't like. Just throw the "newbie" term in there ..Makes you feel big that you signed up a few years before I did.

Maybe I know more stuff or skills than you do? How do you not know if I have friends who build props for hollywood?

All i wnated to know was why he took to long to contact him, and did he try to pm him.

Wow. Reading for over a year.

So read my post. Now read yours. Who called you a newbie? I just indicated you should familiarize yourself with some history before you go asking really tactless questions. Did I say that you don't have any hollywood propbuilding friends? More importantly, do I care one way or another?

Why should someone who paid cash for something have to justify to YOU why they are only now raising an issue publicly?

And, just so you know: I would have told you the same thing even if you'd been a member since 1999. No kidding.

And, one last comment RE: Steve. He will never quit studio scale. It's in his blood, and frankly, he's far too knowledgeable. I'm glad he's putting together a new business model and taking care of business. Hope it's all smooth sailing again soon for all involved parties.

Last edited:
Great job Steve, the new legs are much better than the old ones and seem to be well proportionned !
I dont know if you put what you had in hand for the first or so but the wheel into the "flak38 "part" should be a Lang wheel, but Im sure you know that !

Anyway kudos, cant wait to see more ROTJ AT-ST's with correct legs !

Since I have been coming here to the RPF, Steve may be a little difficult to get ahold of but HE ALWAYS COMES THROUGH. You'll see it time and time again And I have the long wait to prove it.

Got in on the y-wing back in 05. Didn't get it till 07 BUT i STILL GOT IT. I wasn't thrilled about the wait but EVERYONE said he'd come through and he did.

Patience.

"lang wheel" no i didnt know that... i do appreciate the heads up.... I am just happy to be where i am with it.. to be honest.. I think folks will be happy with the larger size..

Rich... everyone needs a lil "Vagtastic Voyage" in their internet surfing... a little SuperBad for you.. man I love that movie...

this place IS like a disfunctional family.. like every relationship there are highs and lows, trust me ive had my share of the lows here.. there are those you love and those you love to hate.. Im just glad the majoriy of everything here is positive.

The negatives have made me better and forced me to find the real reason why i do love this stuff... even after getting "beat up" on the forums from time to time. It boils down to this

I WANT FANS like ME to have an OPPORTUNITY to OWN studio scale kits they may not be able to scratch for themselves..... period.

So .. Checked the EGO... honestly the hardest part... lil to big for the britches and alienated several people. Jumped in and took on to much, BAM I'm behind and always playing catch up.

With that I took it on the chin... I took the time and had a long look back and reflected on the value of the friends Ive made here and those friendships yet to be made.

Thats why the new plan. I dont have to make the kit... this ISNT a competition..... what I figured out is the summit of the preverbeal studio scale mountain is NOT a peak..... for one to stand alone.... its actualy a plateau with plentey of room for all us crazy bastards to stand!

I just have to work in concert with someone to bring the studio scale subjects to market in hand and not months of waiting and missed deadlines. No More.

Steve

It's great to hear from you Steve. I'm really excited about the new ROTJ at-st. Thanks for sharing your progress. Heck, I bought a big discovery from Scott Alexander 9 years ago and am still waiting for it. I know he's going to deliver big in the end and it'll be worth the wait. He's another guy who has had trouble with deadlines but all of us waiting for his kits or models knows that, like you, he does the absolute best job possible and won't settle for less. I love the kits and models that come from and are shown on these boards. Truly works of love.

I have NEVER had an issue with Steve and I´m forever greatful for the SS TIE and the SS Y-Wing that I got from him. The only thing is that I felt I needed some progress info regarding the ROTJ AT-ST and the little gizmo on the back of the TIE. I know Steve will come thru. I´ve talked to him before and I know he´s a very good guy!
Steve, I have tried to email you a couple of times, maybe you should check your spam filter or something. Please get back to me.
Br, nils

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back