Trying Fierfek's ANH Hero stormtrooper helmet

Sorry no update in ages. I had eye cancer and plaque radio therapy. Sanding and spraying had to wait for eye to heal.

Done now except stripes. Will get some decal paper and print them out.
Used Hooper's cider bottle idea for lenses. Mic tips are from Dungbeetle's bucket. Crappy camera is not doing the the gloss paint any justice. Used enamel radiator paint. Nice and hard after 12 hours. The grey is a bit dark. Should redo.

13524-build1.jpg

13525-build2.jpg

8497-dsc01215.jpg

13527-fin1.jpg

13528-fin2.jpg

Last edited:
Marvellous work, and thanks for the tip about using drink bottles for lenses! Brillian idea!
All the best for your continued recovery as well.

Cheers Blaxmyth. On the mend.
Nice sunny day in Ireland for a change. Took some pix.
Cut up a sieve and modded the mic tips. Still no tube stripes

13556-poser2.jpg

13555-poser1.jpg

Great work.

And about fielfek's "original 3D helmet"...

Green and blue background: My helmet 3D.
Black background: Fielfek's helmet.

The fierfek tk helmet is mine.He only have made some minor changes. (sorry i don't speak english)
This is "his helmet" and mine side by side

Faeton.

All you're posts should probably be in their own thread.
1 suggestion for new file. Can you make a base. Yellow outline thing in the background of pic

6124333272_fcd318ab5b.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, you are right, about posting my pictures at Fierfek's thread. I have posted my pictures here because i like your finished helmet and i think that i dont want a fight with fierfek.

I was thinking more or an outline thing - like a front and side profile. It would be useful for keeping the helmet the right shape once all assembled and ready for resin.

Yes, it needs a internal structure to keep the shape. That's the reason why my first model (fierfek's model) was named "Beta 1". Now I'm working on "beta 3". "Beta 2" have ribs, but it was difficult to build. Now I'm thinking on something like this:
14066-experimento-costillas.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back