True Blood - is nobody watching?

Glad Russell is dead. Found his character pretty boring this season. Kind of a one trick pony. Glad to see Alcide finally stepping up and doing something. Can't wait to see how he leads the Shreveport pack in the seasons to come. Mostly I'm disappointed Eric didn't kill Bill when he had the chance. I've always thought Bill was a weasly creep of a character. Really hope someone serves up the true death to him next season.

Honestly, I LOVED this season. I dug all the political stuff, and it was nice to see the characters grow. Sookie isn't the object of everyone's affection anymore. Bill's gone loony. Sam has finally found something approaching a family. Jason's getting his crap together, as is Andy (well, mostly), and so on.

I too am glad Russel's goo, though. There's only so long you can keep that kind of "big bad" going. I'm curious what his true death will do to Steve, though. Speaking of Steve, anyone pick up on the fact that pretty much the ENTIRE Authority is dead now, except for Bill and Steve? It'll be interesting to see where that story goes.

I'm less interested in the Warlow thing. But that's because I find Sookie to be really REALLY boring. After the first season or two, Sookie and Bill became the two least interesting characters on the show, followed closely thereafter by Jason (who has redeemed himself in my eyes in the last two seasons).

I agree with Solo on most points. I loathe Sookie. I was predicting a Pam/Tara relationship so that wasn't surprising. I kinda liked Russel more so for his one liners I think. I am never liked Bill. I am interested to see how this goes. I stopped reading the books. How close are they to following them now? Now I just wait for a real tv show. Sons of Anarchy

edit: Jessica is still hot!

I disagree about Jason's character. It seemed he was finally getting his s together and now he's reverted back to how immature he was like in season 2. I think the writers can do much better.

If I didn't know better, I'd think that this past season of TrueBlood was written by two different writers, alternating episodes, each of which hates the other.

a: Okay, here's your big nasty this season, the Ifrit!
b: No. This story is about the Authority, who want vamps to integrate.
a: No, it's about the Ifrit. Big coup at the Authority, they just completely 180'd.
b: Hey! You want to play that way? Okay, Ifrit is called off. We'll do prejudice against vampires. Check it out, I put the KKK in Obama masks.
a: Obama masks? No... They're all dead. How about Great-great-granddad sold sookie to a vampire.
b: Okay, but nobody knows why, because the deal was written in faerie language so old that none of them can read it.
a: Ha! I just introduced the most powerful faerie.
b: Yep. And I killed her. But thanks for her blood, because I just made Russell a mega-powerful daywalker.
a: No you didn't. He's dead. I like Bill being megapowerful....

a: Okay, here's your big nasty this season, the Ifrit!
b: No. This story is about the Authority, who want vamps to integrate.
a: No, it's about the Ifrit. Big coup at the Authority, they just completely 180'd.
b: Hey! You want to play that way? Okay, Ifrit is called off. We'll do prejudice against vampires. Check it out, I put the KKK in Obama masks.
a: Obama masks? No... They're all dead. How about Great-great-granddad sold sookie to a vampire.
b: Okay, but nobody knows why, because the deal was written in faerie language so old that none of them can read it.
a: Ha! I just introduced the most powerful faerie.
b: Yep. And I killed her. But thanks for her blood, because I just made Russell a mega-powerful daywalker.
a: No you didn't. He's dead. I like Bill being megapowerful....

I didnt think this last season was that bad...until you put it like that :lol

Dillon

I thought the season was one of the best so far because of that. I liked having a variety of heroes and villains whose stories sometimes intersected instead of one Scooby gang and one Big Bad.

I liked that they dropped Sookie on a back burner for a lot of the season. Her character isn't interesting to me, and neither are the fairy thing or the Warlo thing. I was hoping that Bill was on a secret personal crusade to destroy all vampires, but I can buy his self loathing driving him to religion instead of suicide, especially when the body count is the same either way.

I didn't like that they started to build Jason into something more than comic relief, but then made him a clown again. I saw Russel's end coming a mile away, and I agree that his schtick was getting tired and his level of violence unsustainable. It seemed like the writers put him in because the fans wanted to see more of him, but they didn't know what to do with him apart from letting him run around being Russel.

I could take or leave another season.

Wait, I didn't see him as being a clown again. I think he can still act goofy, but he was kind of a badass at the end there even if he did some goofy poses. I mean, the guy is still Jason. He didn't have a personality transplant, but he definitely grew this season.

As for Russel, yeah, he was fun, but more guilty-pleasure fun. There's only so far/so much you can do with him. I did think that introducing the super faerie just so Russel could gank her was a bit silly, especially when it ended up being of basically no consequence when Russel was staked.

I'd like the next season to be the last, personally.

Well after seeing Season 5 I am starting to feel as if the series has "jumped the shark."

The storyline was getting weak when many of the secondary characters started developing their main story and were no longer considered secondary characters. It was as if the writers had to use their characters and problems as filler.

I liked Russel's character and thought he died to quick of a death having been as old as he was and strong.

Eric now becoming Mr. Niceguy? Bill becoming Mr. Psychotic "Eric" like character?

Season 6 may offer some retribution with Warlow, Jason seeing mom and dad, and the fairies!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back