True Blood - is nobody watching?

I'm enjoying this season a lot more than last season. The thing with the vampire Authority seems a little awkward, like they're having to bend things out of shape to make room for more Russel Edgington. Still, I'll grant them whatever they have to do to spend less time on Sookie and more time on Edgington.

I like the Ifrit thing. I like Lafayette's thing. I like the shifter thing, the werewolf thing, the vampire thing, and the vigilante thing. I even like the Tara thing. I'd enjoy the series more without the Sookie thing and the faerie thing.

Well after Season 5 Episode 7 I think the storyline has been busted wide open now!!! War is coming!

I think Ms. Paquin must now have a new "less boob" clause in her renegotiated contract for the last two seasons.

Not too happy about the 12 episodes a season. They could do alot more back story.

Is it just me or now does every major and minor character in the series have their own storyline?

Waiting for Ep 8:love

they lost me the last couple of season but i find myself thoroughly enjoying this one. I have laughed so much plus Russel E. is awesome. It seems they took cues from all there fans input and applied it here.

Perhaps it also has to do with her comparatively lesser centrality to the storyline this season.

Honestly, what I'm digging is the direction all the characters are taking now. Jason's less of an f-up/comic relief it seems. Andy's on a similar track. Terry has this intersting PTSDemon thing going on. Lafayette is confronting his own abilities. And I'm LOVING the internal political battles within the Authority and Alcide's pack. Meanwhile, Sookie isn't the magical perfect fairy-girl whom everyone adores and is in love with. I just love that everyone is "over" Sookie. 'Cause god knows that's where I've been the last few seasons.

Perhaps it also has to do with her comparatively lesser centrality to the storyline this season.

Honestly, what I'm digging is the direction all the characters are taking now. Jason's less of an f-up/comic relief it seems. Andy's on a similar track. Terry has this intersting PTSDemon thing going on. Lafayette is confronting his own abilities. And I'm LOVING the internal political battles within the Authority and Alcide's pack. Meanwhile, Sookie isn't the magical perfect fairy-girl whom everyone adores and is in love with. I just love that everyone is "over" Sookie. 'Cause god knows that's where I've been the last few seasons.

Great point! I didn't realize that part of what is making this season better is the fact Sookie isn't everyone's love interest!

I wasn't wowed by the last episode, but I understand there are going to be episodes where they need to develop the storyline so the show can move forward.

However, I still wish they would reduce the amount of subplots so they can focus on having more of the cast interact with each other on fewer story lines. As it stands, too many characters are moving off on their own subplots with little/no dialogue with other major characters.

I made the mistake of reading the books first, now the show doesn't "do it" for me as much. I still watch, but I wish they would have stuck to the books storyline. I did love seeing Lilith last week though!!!!

I made the mistake of reading the books first, now the show doesn't "do it" for me as much. I still watch, but I wish they would have stuck to the books storyline. I did love seeing Lilith last week though!!!!

See, it's just the opposite for me. I enjoyed the first few books, but around book 5, I started to get bored. I'm glad to see them stepping away from the books in key ways; Lafayette, in particular, is a great character that was killed off in the first book with barely any development.

I just want to know how all these rednecks can afford these big silver chains. I mean a chain big enough to wrap around a vampire costs a lot of money! :lol

This season has seriously took a turn for the worst. The last 3 or 4 episodes have been horrible. I'm quickly losing interest in this show.

I read the books and was so excited for the first season. I still watch it but I kind of "nothing" it this season. I don't hate it but I certainly don't love it. I think I'm still depressed about how badly they mangled book 4

Anyone else think Jessica looked yummy last night in the red riding hood getup?

tumblr_lrgzq1SDtW1qk7exyo1_400.jpg

She looks yummy every week. T-shirt and jeans? Yummy. Half naked? Yummy. Covered in blood? Yummy. :love

I'm still watching even though I'm not too into the plot. The dialogue is still great, though. I love Lafayette and Pam. I could watch them in anything.

She looks yummy every week. T-shirt and jeans? Yummy. Half naked? Yummy. Covered in blood? Yummy. :love

According to Charlaine Harris, Deborah Ann Woll is even more gorgeous in person. I'm jelly. She's so beautiful.

Oh, and she cosplayed at SDCC this year as (someone from?) Axe Cop. I recall reading an article and nobody recognized her at first.

Last nights season finale was pretty good. I wasn't expecting Russel to die so quick and easily and the end with Bill becoming a God was crazy. Overall the season was pretty crappy but once again they do something that the end that will draw me in again next season, just to see what happens.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back