Toy Hunter TV Show

Every time I see Jack Black talk/act (or sing...) I die a little inside. I don't know why, but he bugs the hell out of me. If Kevin Smith did this show it would be on HBO, Showtime, or bleeped so many times it would be incomprehensible.

Yeah because we all know how fantastic that Kevin Smith comic book shop show is.

Host aside - i can't believe how cheap the people on Toy Hunters sell their stuff for.

Yeah because we all know how fantastic that Kevin Smith comic book shop show is.

Host aside - i can't believe how cheap the people on Toy Hunters sell their stuff for.

Well, some of the cases, it's understandable. For example, the guy with the room packed full of it toys. Obviously he wanted to clear it out so it can be used for a nursery, and he could have used the money for the baby (though the "toy hunter" only took about four items, there's a good chance he's also helped pair down his collection some more). For others, hard to really say.

Every time I see Jack Black talk/act (or sing...) I die a little inside. I don't know why, but he bugs the hell out of me. If Kevin Smith did this show it would be on HBO, Showtime, or bleeped so many times it would be incomprehensible.

I'm not a fan of Jack either. I used to like his movies, but then he decided to open his mouth in public. Not a great guy in my eyes.

weird, fell asleep watching Ghost Adventures and the next day turned the tv back on and this was on. A bit too much full face smiles to the point I wanted to start slapping people but always neat to see things resurface from childhood. I still want my own Great Mazinga Shogun Warrior. I only got Raydeen as a kid since it was at a yard sale for $1. Hated it though as it just looked like a giant chicken robot.

Someone had every one of those shogun warriors on ebay a few days ago. Pretty much mint in the box too. Of course, they went for more than what I was willing to pay.

I completely agree (is that even still on?). However, I feel Kevin Smith on his own is quite entertaining. Those other idiots just weigh him down.

The show's ok, but the main guy is really annoying when he walks into peoples' homes and tells them all about their stuff. It's their stuff, they're collectors, they know what it is. If you want to inform the viewer, edit it in as a voiceover or a cutaway or something.

Also, he kept pronouncing Darkseid as "Darkseed".

I really dislike the host. The show itself is a fun concept, but I just haven't liked the show due to him.

I completely agree (is that even still on?). However, I feel Kevin Smith on his own is quite entertaining. Those other idiots just weigh him down.

I've only watched bits and pieces, but yeah I think it's the other people on the show and the show in general.

BTW, I hope this guy is making money on other stuff because I don't know how you could make a living making $20 here and there. Either that or he's moving a lot of items.

The Kiss episode, where Gene Simmons doesn't pay for the kiss van, but pays in a Kiss autographed record was kind of a low blow, but I guess it was probably staged anyway.

They advertise the show will be back with TWO NEW episodes.
So what do they give us? One new one and then replay last season's Kiss episode but with "notes" displayed at the bottom. So they can call it new because of the addition of liner notes?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back