TOS Wall comm Finished.

Wes R

Legendary Member
I want to thank Fusenova for this kit as he sent it out at christmas time.
DSCN0024.jpg

Here's the clear resin block for the top, in order to get it to fit i'm cutting grooves into it so it fits into the hole and not slide around.
DSCN0029.jpg

Here's the nearly completed kit, i finally found a shade of Krylon paint that looks right. I think i got the part on straight, looking back i could have worked out a better way of doing it.
DSCN0047.jpg

Last edited:
Re: TOS Wall comm WIP

Looks great!

Are you going to gut one of the Geek toys for the sound and hook it up?

I'm not sure. I want to get an entertainment center or some wooden cabinets with doors and thought i'd mount it to that as a display and even use the red control as the handle. For once once it's done its goign someplace safe until i start my remodeling yet again lol. I think Krylon stopped producing their old blue that everyone used and renamed it whatever this color was as it looks dead on to the Roddenberry pics I have.

I forgot to put what i did for the oval hole in the speaker piece, I didn't have the original resin part so i used a piece of clear plastic from a trading card holder and scuffed it up using 400 grit paper and put it in. It actually stayed on its own in the hole but i used 4 dabs of glue just to be sure.

Last edited:

DSCN0057.jpg

Needs the finger prints and dust removed but otherwise it looks good. I wish i'd had glue that would have worked better with clear parts but there isn't much around to buy to use.

I think i'm going to use a piece of my really old wood shelving when i remodel my room. I think it would nice mounted on a piece of stained wood.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back