TOS Cylon parts in Silo 3D - To be made in Foam

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by DouglasMorency, Nov 18, 2011.

1. DouglasMorency

DouglasMorency New Member

I am working on building a cylon suit out of foam, and I am currently using 3d parts from a poser cylon as well as pdo's and then adding new parts.

all the parts are separate files and i am assembling them into one called Cylon Body.

Here is some pic, and the zip file of everything

if anyone can help, I would like that.

I want to build it out of foam and then wrap it in gold or silver chrome from Alsa.

Thanks
    Doug Morency

2. oota goota

oota goota Well-Known Member

Me and a friend of mine (okay mainly my friend) made 2 suits of stormtrooper armour in 3mm EVA. We clad the foam in 1mm gloss white vinyl using contact adhesive which helped hold the form together and made the suits pretty * strong.

So you could probably try something like that: find a thick chrome vinyl it would be a great 'stunt' suit :). If you are interested I can post some pics

3. PepMaster

PepMaster Sr Member

I've seen that Poser Model. It's not very accurate. I only have one suggestion. There is a site that has the full size paper models on the size. Untitled Document if the site is still around it has the files.

4. DouglasMorency

DouglasMorency New Member

I will be using Paul's files for the parts that he has, I am just making abs instead of using a special suit.

Doug