Tony Stark Movie Workshop question

friednoodles

I'm trying to build a 1/18th scaled version of Iron Man's garage/workshop. Reason? I just wanted to.

Does anyone know any of the dimension to the actual workshop? I got a decent idea after watching and re-watching any videos I can get my hand on (youtube, actual dvd, behind the scene and making of videos). The main thing I have trouble getting is the height of the workshop.

I'm guessing its 16 feet at the higher part and about 8ft by where his tools are and the area where he first made the "flight stabilizer" gauntlet.

Anyone that can help me actually nailed down the height would be greatly appreciated. Especially any construction standards that would've been used.

Also another question is this particular shop sign (It kinda looks like Purble Pep) he has in the movie. I was able to find most signs/props that was in the garage, except for one or two. This sign however is the one that really bothers me. If anyone can help with this would be sooooo awesome.

NjbxQ.jpg

Actually you can find the blueprints at the back of the "The Art of Iron Man" book from the first film. In the chapter at the back; about designing the Stark Mansion. I think you can scale it up using the measurements on the plan and the rest you can get through screencaps ;)

Actually you can find the blueprints at the back of the "The Art of Iron Man" book from the first film. In the chapter at the back; about designing the Stark Mansion. I think you can scale it up using the measurements on the plan and the rest you can get through screencaps ;)

You are awesome. I will go and look for that :thumbsup

Standard ceilings are 10', so i would guess the lower ceiling is at least that, if not more (like 12')

Oh, and...

purol0po.jpg

:) :thumbsup

Can u show me the workshop blueprint? I've been looking for the picture but I haven't be able to found it.
I would really appreciate that, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

7 years later, I reply with: Can u show me the workshop blueprint? I've been looking for the picture but I haven't be able to found it.
I would really appreciate that, thanks!

I'm sorry, I hadn't seen your last post until now. Right now I'm working day and night to make a deadline. But after August 25th I can look for the blueprint and scan it for you. Until then you might find this here helpful:
Adam Spriggs - Portfolio
Maybe you can contact him and ask for help or advice ;)

I'm sorry, I hadn't seen your last post until now.
No worries. =)
Right now I'm working day and night to make a deadline.
Understood.
But after August 25th I can look for the blueprint and scan it for you.
That would be amazing, but I don't have that much time. Is it possible for you to scan it within four days? Otherwise I'll have to ask for more time, again.
I'll gladly accept the blueprint at anytime you can. =)

Until then you might find this here helpful:
Adam Spriggs - Portfolio
Maybe you can contact him and ask for help or advice ;)
Appreciate this ^ I already contact him, but no response yet.

Thanks for taking the time to respond back to me! I hit a brick wall almost everywhere except here.

Men, I'm dying here. I don't want to be annoying but I really need that workshop blueprint ;)
I've been waiting but maybe you forgot.
Thanks!

I know a few people who have made a few of the "hall of suits" section of the garage in the third film, but a full replica of the entire garage I haven't seen yet.

I'm talking about the floor plans/blueprints that are on the book "The Making Of Iron Man"
its just one page and it is a simple blueprint of the garage/workshop/lab.

Kevin Gossett THANKS!!!!!
Men this is exactly what I need!
Did you scan that for me or did you find it on internet? because I've been looking for this for few months now and I haven't found an image like that.
the image isn't great, what I need is the measures and I can barely read the text. One last request since you guys are very helpful in this forum, is it possible to have a clear image where I can read the measurement numbers?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back