Tomenosuke Blade Runner Blaster OG Edition

Maybe the original slotted screw was missed during filming (or after) and they replaced it with what they had in hands......

Maybe the original slotted screw was missed during filming (or after) and they replaced it with what they had in hands......

I think that's pretty much it. As far as anybody knows the slotted screw was present throughout filming and the Weaver knob was only seen when the gun turned up 25 years later, at World-Con 2006. It's probable the slotted screw was used to hold the cylinder crane in tightly from the opposite side and this may simply not have been replaced when the gun was unloaded and placed in storage for the last time.

Last edited:
im brand new to prop making so i am not yet attempting exact replica but here are some pics of my project currently in work , everything is 3d printed in resin on my mono x resin printer, printed grips in clear resin then sprayed them with come gloss super clear to make em shiny. bought the electronics and leds from someone here on rpf, working on that right now , i have zero experience with solder or leds though so not looking forward to that part. metal finish achieved with paint and dry graphite powder

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    434 KB · Views: 102
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 101
  • image2(1).jpeg
    image2(1).jpeg
    365.4 KB · Views: 108
As an owner of both of the blasters, what is the difference between the OG and the 2049 interms of finish? I have the OG.
I’m no expert in tomenosuke’ s but the 2049 is unweathered and the OG is weathered, there could be other subtle differences but that’s all I see as the difference.

still makes me wonder why with all the name changes / cash grabs on this gun they refuse to loose that terrible finish for the blued .

What polish would any of you recommend for the grips to clear them up? I think I could live with the white gunk if the grips were clearer and more brilliant.

I use Brasso wadding to polish plastic to a shine and I agree with Joberg that Turtlewax car polish leaves just the right feint residue in the crosshatch. And don’t forget to polish the backs too!
Here’s an as-delivered comparison of the new OG edition grips against the 2049 edition grips. The OG has a silky finish but the 2049 grips are polished to a glassy smoothness.

4DAE610E-4390-4CFB-B6B6-2364E6F8B653.jpeg

B335FCB3-5ADC-492F-9DFF-C00617EEF63B.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back