Tomenosuke Blade Runner Blaster OG Edition

Just got my og. Is it normal for the revolver part that holds the bullets to rattle when I shake the gun?and moves A little when I tip it over. And the sniper bolt thing to come up really easy when I pull it up? And the back of grips look like it's missing a screw.
My cylinder rattles a bit when I have the rounds in. The receiver bolt does move quite easily as well.
The back of the grip frame is made with a hole. Here's a pic of the real prop (pic by Karl Tate).

DSC05761.jpg

I wish the receiver bolt was more secure and with the hole on the grip I imagine it will collect alot of dust inside the grips...

You can have accuracy to the real thing or you can have ‘idealised’. Most prefer accuracy, even if it makes the replica more difficult or fussy to own.

Mine does stay in when holding the gun bolt lever side down, but if I shake it, it pops out.

Two tiny earth magnets could fix it if you wanted to.

I just which the bolt went further back like on one of the older blasters offered way back.

I have not looked at HCG for a while.

There is a:

O.G.

Kit

Professionally assembled and painted finished kit

Good choices all.

Be careful dealing with Richard Coyle. Richard has been banned from here, twice, and from the Propsummit web forum and from the Blade Runner blaster builders group on Facebook. That should tell you all you need to know about him.

here is the rpf admin’s last banning explanation;
8D600634-DB8F-42BA-A9ED-CF7907AFB798.jpeg

Last edited:
Be careful dealing with Richard Coyle. Richard has been banned from here, twice, and from the Propsummit web forum and from the Blade Runner blaster builders group on Facebook. That should tell you all you need to know about him.

here is the rpf admin’s last banning explanation; View attachment 1480981
While Rich was banned from the RPF and Propsummit, I would direct people interested about the whole affair to Propsummit.com where every bit of drama is still there, recorded and easily available to anyone. Just clik on "The Pit" and bring your pop-corn and your soft drink; you'll need it.;)

You can probably use a toothbrush to clean out some of the white residue in the grips.
I recently bought an OG blaster. The actual.prop has white in the knurl of the handle. I thought it was wrong, because cheaper copies of this blaster I own don't have it, but seeing photos of the real prop, Tomenosuke had it right.

You can probably use a toothbrush to clean out some of the white residue in the grips.
I recently bought an OG blaster. The actual.prop has white in the knurl of the handle. I thought it was wrong, because cheaper copies of this blaster I own don't have it, but seeing photos of the real prop, Tomenosuke had it right.
Hi all!
I'm very excited to have gotten my first Tomenosuke Blade Runner blaster today! :D
I know they've been around for a while now, but I've never owned one.
This is the OG Edition, which is currently available from HCG. That's where I ordered it from. It's advertised as a hand weathered replica, and my overall impression is that it's an absolutely amazing piece!
Here are a couple of pics of the box art and the paper goodies, including an assembly booklet that also has several pages of photos of the real deal from Worldcon, and a set of four postcards. Very cute!

View attachment 1429368 View attachment 1429370 View attachment 1429371

As for the blaster itself... holy cow! The first thing I noticed was the weight. It's quite hefty. The finish looks terrific. Note that the color on the Steyr upper and barrel appear a bit lighter in these pics than they appear by eye. But still a nice medium worn blued finish.

View attachment 1429372 View attachment 1429373 View attachment 1429374 View attachment 1429375

Even the simulated rounds are fantastic.

View attachment 1429376 View attachment 1429379

What would a BR blaster be without lights?? There are five red LEDs that have a slow "power up" to full brightness when you turn the slide switch on. The green LEDs in the sight rod do not light up.

View attachment 1429389 View attachment 1429390 View attachment 1429391

Those of you who own one of the Tomenosuke blasters know that they include a slotted screw to swap out with the Weaver knob, and that's just what I did.

View attachment 1429392

Overall, I'm thrilled to finally have one of these in my collection! My *only* criticism is that I think they went a bit heavy with the white residue in the grip checkering. I may pick up a set of replacement grips at some point.

Finally, a question for other owners: there's some oil residue on the Steyr upper, which I've read is common to all of the pre-assembled blasters. What's the best way to remove it, or even it out?
Thanks for looking! I'm off to retire some replicants. ;)
What's the story on the Weaver knob? I have an OG blaster too. The screw that It shipped with looks like the one in the actual prop photos. Was that swapped on the prop sometime after filming the movie?

I'm not too sure about the history of the actual prop and when the screw was swapped for the Weaver knob. The Worldcon photos taken by Karl Tate show the Weaver knob on the gun.

I don't know either...sometimes I think that the regular slotted screw wasn't looking Sci-Fi enough for some people:rolleyes:
I prefer the original seen in the movie.

I've always suspected that the slotted screw had practical value for a lot of use - it is far less likely to get damaged or snag on a holster than the weaver. You can imagine during filming the first couple of times it catches while being drawn out, you'd ask the prop guys to swap for something with a lower profile.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back