Tomenosuke Blade Runner Blaster OG Edition

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Thirteenbruises

The OG? I think so, but take my word for it. I'm a newbie.
20210409_171303.jpg

Tharago

I was able remove the white wash on the grips by soaking them for a few hours in SimpleGreen and brushing it off with a nylon brush and some wooden toothpicks.

userd1402

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My OG kit arrived from Japan to the UK this week. Wasn’t even delayed for customs fees, just went straight through (somebody told me we just signed a free trade deal with Japan which, if true, is great news for model kits). It joins my 2017 first-release ‘2049’ kit and my 2018 second-release ‘2049’ kit. One ghost and one LAPD done with those two. Now to tackle the screen-accurate version.

A433235F-01C5-41E3-AB19-27C5FA9F0AEB.jpeg

dascoyne

Master Member
After owning a couple of the wonderful Tomenosuke guns (and giving up on and selling a Sidkit (RIP)) I came upon my holy grail blaster.

In 2016 I was lucky enough to purchase 1 of 20 Tomenosuke blasters with hand-polished prep and blueing by Nobutaka Toku himself. When they were first announced on his blog I never stopped harassing Mune from Styles On Video JP until I could get on that list. I don't know how many of these gems made it to the US but I have one of them. I think there's one other guy on this forum who owns one, too.

I prefer the blueing because that is how it looked to me ever since I was that stunned teenager watching this film in 1982 and countless times on VHS.

Here's an old photo that is unfortunately watermarked by Photobucket. I'll post better ones when I get a chance.

The photos don't do it justice. The barrel/slide are actually a deep blued mirror finish, like a Colt Python from the 1970's.

tomenosuke.jpg

Knightmare

I had the Pro and sold it off . The paint finish for me ruins the gun . They have to blue these barrels like the signature edition . That flat finish is terrible you look at it and it scuffs . Not sure why when they update these that is not the first thing they fix .

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.