Tomenosuke Blade Runner Blaster OG Edition

Beautiful work!

One suggestion - if you'd like to go a step further - the teardown photos of the prop's restoration ahead of the PiH auction show the Bulldog grip being black in color heavily weathered at the edges.

Sean

IMG_7005.jpeg
IMG_7006.jpeg

Ok, last mod!
I got the replacement grips today and swapped them out with the stock set that had all the stark white paint in the checkering.
I think these look way better! The color is slightly richer than the stock grips, and now I've finally got a blaster that I'd be proud to use to blow away renegade replicants. ;)
Thanks again to all those who modded theirs and showed that a remarkable prop can be improved upon.

20210311_171406.jpg

You can probably use a toothbrush to clean out some of the white residue in the grips.
What's the harm in using nail polish remover or the like to dumb down the white wash on the grips? I also just got my first Tomenosuke OG (pictures forthcoming) and this is my first post,so thanks for having me.

What's the harm in using nail polish remover or the like to dumb down the white wash on the grips? I also just got my first Tomenosuke OG (pictures forthcoming) and this is my first post,so thanks for having me.

Hummmm......maybe nail polish remover will tarnish the amber grips. Use with great precaution....

Yeah, I think using acetone on plastic isn't a good idea.
What i wound up doing with mine was to use a metal scribing tool to scrape down the lines between the checkered areas on the grips. That removed most of the whitish residue while leaving them with a degree of weathering.
Here's a before and after shot.

20210312_071920.jpg

Well, in this pic it's actually after and before, but you get the idea.

Yeah, I think using acetone on plastic isn't a good idea.
What i wound up doing with mine was to use a metal scribing tool to scrape down the lines between the checkered areas on the grips. That removed most of the whitish residue while leaving them with a degree of weathering.
Here's a before and after shot.

View attachment 1443121

Well, in this pic it's actually after and before, but you get the idea.
Thank you. I was leaning towards something like that and perhaps following up with super fine sandpaper so it doesn't look too choppy. Still, I'm open to ideas. Thanks for your time.

Hummmm......maybe nail polish remover will tarnish the amber grips. Use with great precaution....
Incidentally, the acetone, paint remover neither harmed the finish nor removed the white wash on the grips. I used a knife and acetone to achieve a partially weathered effect (carefully, of course). My next questions are do the replacement rips floating around eBay fit the og and will vinegar remover the finish from the steyer upper should I choose to modify that heavily? Thanks.

Incidentally, the acetone, paint remover neither harmed the finish nor removed the white wash on the grips. I used a knife and acetone to achieve a partially weathered effect (carefully, of course). My next questions are do the replacement rips floating around eBay fit the og and will vinegar remover the finish from the steyer upper should I choose to modify that heavily? Thanks.
I meant grips, not rips.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back