Tomenosuke Blade Runner 2049 blaster build

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Like many folks here, I’ve been a big fan of Blade Runner for a long time, so I was really excited when Tomenosuke was granted a license to produce replica blasters.

Unfortunately, I missed out on some of their early runs, so when the 2049 kit was offered, I snatched one up immediately. And then the kit sat on my shelf...

But the time has come to finally slay this beast!

I’ll be documenting this build on my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/SPProps

With any build, I like to do some research to learn about the original prop and incorporate lessons learned from the brave souls who have come before me.

I’ve been making a conscious effort to use less paper and go digital, so I started using the GoodNotes app on my iPad, which is pretty amazing - ‎GoodNotes 5

Here‘s a snapshot from my first page of notes!

DBBDC471-BD92-4D6E-8C1A-AAE20B9372AF.jpeg

But the real fun with any build is the sharing and collaboration with other makers, so if you have any tips, resources, or recommendations, please post ‘em up!

Thanks!

Sean

My only recommendation would be to put up some good quality photos here on the forum as you go. I’m sure I’m not the only one who never (really, never) watches videos posted by members.

Like many folks here, I’ve been a big fan of Blade Runner for a long time, so I was really excited when Tomenosuke was granted a license to produce replica blasters.

Unfortunately, I missed out on some of their early runs, so when the 2049 kit was offered, I snatched one up immediately. And then the kit sat on my shelf...

But the time has come to finally slay this beast!

I’ll be documenting this build on my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/SPProps

With any build, I like to do some research to learn about the original prop and incorporate lessons learned from the brave souls who have come before me.

I’ve been making a conscious effort to use less paper and go digital, so I started using the GoodNotes app on my iPad, which is pretty amazing - ‎GoodNotes 5

Here‘s a snapshot from my first page of notes!

View attachment 1397711

But the real fun with any build is the sharing and collaboration with other makers, so if you have any tips, resources, or recommendations, please post ‘em up!

Thanks!

Sean
You got some of the background infos in here (Propsummit.com is also the site where you could get more)...eager to see your quest, building that iconic weapon:)

this thread has loads of tips too.
and my blog contains several pages dedicated to the hero gun, it's origins, history and construction
Thoughts about building a hero (part 3)*

Last edited:
My only recommendation would be to put up some good quality photos here on the forum as you go. I’m sure I’m not the only one who never (really, never) watches videos posted by members.
I certainly will! I’ll also be posting photos on my Instagram - Login • Instagram
You got some of the background infos in here (Propsummit.com is also the site where you could get more)...eager to see your quest, building that iconic weapon:)
Thanks! Been researching in both forums
this thread has loads of tips too.
Thanks! Been reading this over the last few days!

Sean

Unboxed the kit! Man, this thing is beautiful! A little overwhelming with all the tiny screws and springs, but looking forward to diving in! Happy to see the electronics in the magazine were already taken care of. Just one less thing I’ll need to figure out...

Been doing a lot of reading on how to tackle the main components. Will post up soon!

Sean

B6712283-9F4C-4A7B-B70C-C017E56FCD25.jpeg

Unboxed the kit! Man, this thing is beautiful! A little overwhelming with all the tiny screws and springs, but looking forward to diving in! Happy to see the electronics in the magazine were already taken care of. Just one less thing I’ll need to figure out...

Been doing a lot of reading on how to tackle the main components. Will post up soon!

Sean

View attachment 1411133
Take your time with the spring positioning and make sure you use the right screws in the right places. Obvious stuff but if you are slightly impatient like me you can get it wrong and then you are starting that part over lol. Good luck and enjoy ! Given the dates maybe you are done already ?

Take your time with the spring positioning and make sure you use the right screws in the right places. Obvious stuff but if you are slightly impatient like me you can get it wrong and then you are starting that part over lol. Good luck and enjoy ! Given the dates maybe you are done already ?
LOL I wish!

After I unboxed the kit, I went out and bought supplies for prepping and blueing.

I’ve also been editing a video on the history of the prop, which has taken up most of my hobby time.

Sean

I suggest that, if possible, you use a dark work surface when assembling the trigger mechanism. The springs and other pieces are tiny and easy to lose, so a dark backdrop would possibly help you locate a spring that slips out of your hand.

Excellent...and yes, lots of lill' screws and such in that kit. Don't lose any of them. As a matter of fact, you should mount that baby in a shallow Tuperware lid. The rim will keep those pesky details from rolling off your bench;)

What joberg said. Also when you go to assemble step one and add the cylinder release lever, definitely do that step in a box. You have to install a pin in a hole with a spring in it. If your finger slips, that spring can send the pin for a ride...

Steel wool is amazing and a cheap product that every model/prop maker should have at all time;) Looking good, btw!

Biggest lesson I've learned about steel wool is to always have enough of it to not have to ration it. It's much more convenient to use a half or a whole pad from the typical hardware store package than it is to rip off little chunks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back