Tomb Raider Reborn

Mm, looks like I'm not going to be able to update Lara much for Dragoncon, so I'll be doing the same version that's in my photos. Though I'm seriously debating whether to get a pick axe or not. Hm, decisions, decisions...

Also, I will not be able to have the makeup artist who did my makeup for the shoot around at Dragoncon, so I'm now at a loss of what to do makeup wise. How are you ladies doing your dirt and blood makeup? The more realistic, the better! :)

Have a look through the interview that meagan Marie did with me for the Tomb Raider blog... I detailed how I did my dirt and blood. I'll have to look back and see if I can find you a link.

BTW... I'm fairly 'over' my outfit now, so i may be willing to hook you up with a few odds and ends if you need 'em...

K.

Ah, right-o! I'll check around for it.

Oh dear, I never thought I'd hear those words from you. 'Tis a pity, I think you had the BEST costume out there. But I more than understand when it gets to be too much. Though if you need to get rid of anything, just let me know.

When I'm back home I'll see if I can't find a link in one of my old posts or on my FB page. I'm sure I can scrounge it up someplace.

it's the same old thing with me... I never *feel* as good about my costumes as others seem to. By the time the good reviews from others start to come out, I'm usually on to something else because I didn't get the high that I wanted from the previous one. :p

It seems I'm always chasing that feeling of having "done" it.

Kristen, I know how you feel :( But I don't even have photos I'm happy with after an event and never seem to be able to organise a shoot to at least have a record of my work. Not terribly many accessible sci-fi looking places. I should stick to the Victorian I think ;)

Anyway, just glad you are still enthused about the hobby in general :)

(Sorry, mama duck cosplay coordinator in me worries about everyone- back to your Tombraidery goodness :) )

Sorry to hear you're losing motivation for Lara Kristenhenry70

Uncharted Leather, I'd love to see close-ups of your holster!

Here's my finished pendant, all painted and strung up on the leather cord. I love it so much!
PendantFinished_zps6b38b89e.png

Well, SDCC is done... Here are some pics from around

Lara Croft Tombraider at Comic-Con SDCC 2013 by andreas_schneider, on Flickr

SDCC13-0262 by LizardJedi, on Flickr

I know a bunch of things I need to work on... as usual. I forgot my better shirt so I had to use my shirt from last year (which is a totally wrong color). I had a leg bandage but it fell off at some point (which means someone found a bloody bandage..). Also need to do a better job on makeup and posing. And fix the pants.. I managed to rib a big hole in them early in the morning, lol

MDB/Kristen Anne - I know how that goes...up until Tomb Raider this year, my costumes had been plagued with bad luck of every kind. I mean, heck, this costume was started in 2011 and it took me til 2013 to complete! So I've found that sometimes it's just not the right time yet. I've been incredibly jealous of other costumers and their fantastic photoshoots and seemingly endless runs of costumes they make. But I can't be that. I don't have those resources, so I make do with what I've got. I was very very very lucky with the photoshoot I got this year. That was first time I've been able to do something to that level. So I would keep encouraging both of you! You have such passions and skills. Either that or I'll get working on a transportation device and zip over to you guys and take awesome photos. :)

MDB - I've been trying to rack my brain for any sci-fi looking places I remember in New Zealand, but I'm not coming up with much. It may be a matter of thinking outside the box, thinking more of structures, textures, and colours. (For instance, when I did my Vogue Loki shoot - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.449921051727169.131554.431005676952040&type=3 - I wanted a cool, concrete structure to contrast the flowing fabric of the dress. But I was getting frustrated as my hometown didn't have any neat, futuristic, modern structures (that didn't look like plain ol' government buildings). So, the solution? A skatepark! It had the right concrete texture and made for some really interesting shapes.) I don't know if any of that helps you out any, but maybe it might get some ideas flowing. :)

Lizard Jedi - But it's a darn good start! I know all about forgetting things....I completely forgot some of my bandage wraps for my big shoot. But holes are good! Embrace the holey pants! :p

Ember - Oo, nice clasp! I might need to take a note from you about that. My friend had to do a rush job on my clasp to get it done for the photoshoot. It's not super secure. Where did you happen to get that clasp?

MDB/Kristen Anne - I know how that goes...up until Tomb Raider this year, my costumes had been plagued with bad luck of every kind. I mean, heck, this costume was started in 2011 and it took me til 2013 to complete! So I've found that sometimes it's just not the right time yet. I've been incredibly jealous of other costumers and their fantastic photoshoots and seemingly endless runs of costumes they make. But I can't be that. I don't have those resources, so I make do with what I've got. I was very very very lucky with the photoshoot I got this year. That was first time I've been able to do something to that level. So I would keep encouraging both of you! You have such passions and skills. Either that or I'll get working on a transportation device and zip over to you guys and take awesome photos. :)
The usual transportation devices require passport and dealing with TSA ;) (I kid, I actually had a really good experience with them- not so much Special Assistance.. but TSA were always polite.)

Currently a guest at my next con has turned out to have previous commitments so I am breathing a huge sigh of relief! I love sculpting, kinda rock at it, but it's cold and I have bad arthritis and now trigger finger which means no sculpting at all for about... a week? I may be naughty and sneak in some cutting... Or at least tracing :)
Also totally obsessed by the 18thC Court Gown project (gooooo joiiin- I'm doing this one virtually anyway).

MDB - I've been trying to rack my brain for any sci-fi looking places I remember in New Zealand, but I'm not coming up with much. It may be a matter of thinking outside the box, thinking more of structures, textures, and colours. (For instance, when I did my Vogue Loki shoot - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.449921051727169.131554.431005676952040&type=3 - I wanted a cool, concrete structure to contrast the flowing fabric of the dress. But I was getting frustrated as my hometown didn't have any neat, futuristic, modern structures (that didn't look like plain ol' government buildings). So, the solution? A skatepark! It had the right concrete texture and made for some really interesting shapes.) I don't know if any of that helps you out any, but maybe it might get some ideas flowing. :)
There is one just down the road from me (Auckland Regional Council went mad with them for a while ;) And there is a more What Is That? playground barely a short walk away as well.
But a friend found a location in the central city that looks amazeballs. It looks like it could be part of the Citadel. All curved low walls. I just can't remember what friend and where.

Meanwhile I am on hold waiting to hear why I can't connect to Origin*.

Addit: *They are having a sale and Reborn is on the 70% off list.. so tempted..... but I got All The Mass Effect instead ;) Last Tombraider I played was the first and I killed Lara in the training arena. I never got over the embarrassment.

Last edited:
There's a WWII zippo with an attached officer's collar insignia on ebay at the moment.

MOD EDIT: Please do not post ebay links, thanks.

A shame the insignia's on the body and not on the lid, or it'd make an ideal prop!

Hello everyone after reading all 24 pages I feel like I know everyone:) I just want to give a big shoot out to everyone thank you for all the info you have sure I don't think I could of done with out all of it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back