Tom Hardy As New James Bond?

I think if you change the race or gender I would like an explanation. Well for my picky sanity anyway. View attachment 1350881

A03A86A3-5B36-45F0-A68B-52F962E1037A.jpeg

Allow me to introduce Bond’s usual partner in crime, Felix Leiter
:lol::lol::lol:

Having read almost all of the Bond books Daniel Craig has done a decent job of playing Bond. The movies bear almost no resemblance to the books. in general the character names are the same and sometimes the locations where the story takes place... past that not much. However in the books - Bond is a name of a person. 007 is the code name. I have zero problem with other 00's or even replacing 007 - but it won't be Bond. Call me a purist...

Jedi Dade

The Craig era more closely followed the spirit of the books. Including the torture scenes.
Bond was not witty. Bond was not suave.
In Fleming’s own words:

"James Bond is a blunt instrument wielded by a Government Department. He is quiet, hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. In his relationships with women he shows the same qualities as he does in his job, but he has a certain gentleness with them and if they get into trouble he is sometimes prepared to sacrifice his life to rescue them. But not always, and certainly not if it interferes with his job. He likes gambling, golf, and fast motor cars."

I'm telling ya. Michael Fassbender. Inglourious Basterds + First Class * 1/2 Shame...It'd be beautiful. It'd be Bond. 100%. A man who's humanity is crushed by necessity and veiled in vices. His job comes first and foremost, and not always to his liking. I don't necessarily think that Bond should be unlikable but a character like that would be hard to know first, and even harder to like second. The only person I thought ever came close to that was Connery in the first two films. Everything to him was just a facade when he was really meant to be nothing beyond what the job required.

A pretty hard sell for a mass audience, so of course changes had to be made. I would love something closer to that though.

Ah, just get one actor with the right physicality, use deep fake technology to put Sean Connery’s face over him, and cast another actor (if needed) to supply the right voice.

My work here is done.

Last edited:
Ah, just get one actor with the right physicality, use deep fake technology to put Sean Connery’s face over him, and cast another actor (if needed) to supply the right voice.

My work here is done.

I wonder how far away we are from this...? Star Wars did it with Grand Moff Tarkin, but it was relatively limited....

There are some homemade you tube deepfakes of Shatner on Chris Pines body, Nimoy on Zachary Quinto's, Harrison Ford on Aldens... Its getting pretty darn good quickly... and easy enough to do that normal people can do it pretty well. I have to believe that a real Fx house could kill it at this point.

Jedi Dade

My work here is done.

Someone did a portrait of Bond just based on the descriptions in the novels and it actually looked quite a bit like Roger Moore funnily enough.

I like Hardy and has been mentioned before, Craig (and he is my favourite Bond by far) didn't come to the Bond party with nearly the same screen credits as Hardy does.

If it were up to me I would cast Philip Winchester as the new Bond. He's and incredibly physical actor and after his turn in Strike Back he's very proficient in the use of firearms. He's both British and American and scrubs up well in a dinner jacket.

Would've loved if they'd picked Bale instead of Craig. Always thought he's that stiff British arrogance in person and he's pretty good in transforming his physics.

If I had one to pick nowadays, I think it'll be Hiddleston. Don't know why it's him but this guy is just a great actor and I kinda like him as a human being as far as I can judge from in front of the screen.

Last edited:
Would've loved if they'd picked Bale instead of Craig. Always thought he's that stiff British arrogance in person and he's pretty good in transforming his physics.
Bale would be a great pick, although I'm sure Bruce Wayne comparisons would certainly be made.

If I had one to pick nowadays, I think it'll be Hiddleston. Don't know why it's him but this guy is just a great actor and I kinda like him as a human being as far as I can judge from in front of the screen.
Hiddleston would be an excellent choice. He's got suave, confidence, and can hold his own in a fight. And he looks damn good in a 3 piece suit.

D5g3-dvX4AAXM_T.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back