Tom Cruise is reprising "Maverick" role in Top Gun sequel

One of the few films where Michael Ironside was technically a good guy, if not a nice guy. The movie gets points for that if nothing else.

I'll see this one.

It's not gonna feel like Top Gun without F-14s.

And somebody better put Val Kilmer on a diet and a treadmill.

Love the Tomcat, BUT would love to see the Super Hornets mixing it up.

Val can either appear as "Ice Block" or as the Aircraft Carrier.

If they had waited any longer it would have had to be "Top Gum".

Tom Cruise'll be on a desk job since the F14 got scrapped and gets recruited to train drone pilots no doubt with tons of terrible CGI and no military help filming.

orig-21057158.jpg

I will see this. I just hope that they can find a friendly country to lend them some real Migs for this one. The aircraft buff in me can't stand them using F-5s again. I can't even watch the original as an adult any more because of that. :lol BTW, the Top Gun wikipedia says the sequel will use F-35s and Maverick starts out as a F-35 test pilot.

for that comment............you are forbidden from playing with the boys

Careful now... What else is he gonna do on those Hot Summer Nights? Do you want him to walk Through The Fire to a Destination Unknown just to see Heaven In Your Eyes? I don't know about you, but if I were him, I wouldn't let you Lead Me On to such a Danger Zone. Instead, I'd stop off at my favorite buffalo chicken joint, Mighty Wings, and have a cold one.

Sad to say but I don't think Val Kilmer is gonna be around much longer if he does not get his chit together

I will see this. I just hope that they can find a friendly country to lend them some real Migs for this one. The aircraft buff in me can't stand them using F-5s again. I can't even watch the original as an adult any more because of that.
lol.gif
BTW, the Top Gun wikipedia says the sequel will use F-35s and Maverick starts out as a F-35 test pilot.

These days the CGI animators can make the Millennium Falcon dogfight with TIE-fighters, at low altitude over the desert in broad daylight.

I don't think it will be a problem to make the Top Gun 2 enemy planes look like real MIGs.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back