Tom Clancy's The Division (original character build)

START OF VERSION 2.0

Here's a quick sketch of the version 2.0 costume. I used the same base pose as for the original sketches since I have them around.

SHD Cosplay 2.0.jpg

Many of the elements are being re-used from the previous cosplay (mostly with the gearsling and the utility belt), while the clothing is going to be new. I might have the pants untucked from the boots in the end, but that detail will be determined when I have all the clothes in the same physical space and see how things look.

I'm also looking to change up the weapons loudout a little. I'm likely to keep the Glock 17, but I'm thinking of changing up the M4 a bit (still keeping an M4, but going to be a different one; more customized).

There's also going to be a few noticeable additions; namely, the MedPen and Loot Bag.

Just found this little fella online. Thinking of ordering it when the next decent paycheck comes along.

BD6090-1.jpg

This allows me to still utilize my favorite sidearm (the airsoft Glock 17), while updating the holster I've had for over 10 years. Also, the position of the straps that will secure it to the belt being in a different spot will give me a little bit of space to change up the pouch locations as well. :)

I'm also thinking of switching up the belt to this one:
TB_002__00870.1369519336.1280.1280.jpg
It'll just be a matter of taking the pouches I intend to keep (buttpack for storing respirator, couple random pouches, etc.) and transferring them over. Also, this way I can get rid of the double mag pouch (free up a little more space), and it'll look a bit more interesting. At least, that's my thoughts at the moment.

Last edited:
The holster looks pretty solid, Keelan! Should look great with everything all put together.

New and improved! 57c74e_68cc1fbcbee24116aa2c7dc527a22da3.jpg_srb_p_600_567_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb.jpg 20150726_160352.jpg You can't see my shoulder patch on the other side in this pic, but I put it there because everyone seems to have it there in the trailers. I kept the armband on the left arm, and I'll put some stitches in it to keep it in place. The coat is hot, but makes the whole outfit look like I could really be in the New York winter. Also, reconfigured the slingpack, added some practical tools, and I'm going to swap out the paracord for some real rope.

Also, I just found a far less expensive flare gun alternative! 81b4CykjX4L._SL1500_.jpg Once painted, it should be awesome AND you can fire "flares" into the air that will whistle as they go. http://www.amazon.com/Nerf-N-Strike...UTF8&qid=1438136253&sr=1-4&keywords=nerf+mega

Last edited:
OMG! I'm going to get two! I just found out that this thing can be BOTH a flaregun AND stickybomb gun! Just wait 'til I show you!

Check this out! If you strip down the Bigshock Blaster, it totally looks like a flare gun underneath! A few extra touches and it will be good to go.

Nerf Flare.jpg

So I'll have my G36, the sidearm, a flare gun, a sticky bomb gun, a knife, and I want to add a P90 as my secondary weapon, too... XD

Check this out! If you strip down the Bigshock Blaster, it totally looks like a flare gun underneath! A few extra touches and it will be good to go.

View attachment 508122

Saw this exact video after responding to your last post! I'm personally 50/50 whether I'd like it for my flare gun or not. Personally, I'm sticking with the Ripshot as the base for the Stickybomb gun (it just looks more screen accurate; will look more-so once I get the additional details on it).

I'm still trying to figure out what I want as my secondary. Want to mix it up a bit, but don't want to go something outside the realm of possibility. Since I'm taking the approach to mine as having Los Angeles as the setting I have the ability to not worry about replicating what they have in the game too much, but I don't want to select a secondary weapon that screams tacticool, y'know? I was considering a P90 earlier, but I'm not certain (keeping with the "realm of possibility" thinking, I want to make sure it's something where ammo/mags would be readily found).

Dude, I have an entire album full of screencaps.

That's part of why I ended up having to pick the Ripshot. It's the only thing with a close enough shape, that has the guard that goes from beneath the barrel to the pommel of the grip, and was affordable enoughto tear apart. I already figured a means to add the RIS to the top and just found the scope to use; just gotta work on the portion with the glowing ring (I have a few ideas how to tackle it, just a matter of getting around to it).

Last edited:
Yup! Bunch of pics of the Stickybomb Gun, Loot Bag and a few shots of the MedPen (which, once seeing what it looks like clearly, I decided to stick with the modded EpiPen). DB Dave over in Australia is busy working on his Turrent 2.0, and he and I are bouncing ideas back and forth together for the Seeker Mine 2.0.

I was thinking about EL wire the other day (was looking up a better place to get it for when we work together on the updated brick), but he problem comes with where to put the driver, plus the wire needs to be of a certain length before you get to the actual phosphor portion, and I don't think there's space to fit it in nice and compact. It's sort of the similar issue that came with rigging the internals for the comms device.

I have a couple of alternative ideas, it's just figuring out which to try first.

Last edited:
STICKYBOMB GUN UPDATE

So not long ago, I found my younger brother (he's about to turn 8) running around our father's backyard with a friend; they were shooting each other with some airsoft guns, the cheap kind where you get a spring-loaded rifle and pistol for something like $20. Anyway, I talk to him and his buddy about how they can't run around doing that without a grown-up with them. At the very least, I tell them to use the goggles that came with the airsofts. How does my brother react? The brat Hulk-smashes his airsoft rifle into the ground and basically shatters is.

He complained to my step-mom (his mom) about it, and it didn't quite work out for him. Poor dude can no longer play with airsofts. Sucks, but he kinda earned it (and in all honesty, I wasn't comfortable with a child his age playing with them anyway).

BUT, I noticed that the cheap plastic RIS on the toy was the perfect material to use to improve the Stickybomb Gun!

IMG_0939.JPG
Chopped that mother up, gave it a coat of primer then gave it a couple coats of black and a couple clearcoats.

IMG_0943.JPG
A little superglue later (probably gonna enforce it with epoxy inside, since it's hollow and there's a gap in the front area where the cuts were made), and it's looking more game accurate!

IMG_0941.JPG
BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! I repurposed a compact E/D sight that I had sitting around, and it was juuust the right length to fit on the front segment!

IMG_0944.JPGIMG_0945.JPGIMG_0946.JPG
VOILA! The Stickybomb Gun now has its sight in place! Looks SO much better with it attached. :D

Now I just need to get started work on the black segment in the back that has the glowing orange ring, and I can be happy with it.

Had a LOT of time to waste last night and this morning, so thought I'd try my hand at a more detailed sketch for the v2.0 costume.

Parker 2.5.jpg
The inclusion of the Loot Bag was remembered a bit last minute, but I think the overall placement looks good. Before anyone starts trying to preach game accuracy to me, I KNOW that the agents in-game have it positioned just below their gearpack. Right now, that space is taken with the buttpack on the belt that houses the respirator (as well as the pouch for the Seeker Mine). If I can find a decent place to mount the respirator and do without the buttpack, then I'll hang the Loot Bag there as well. In the meantime, I kind of like it being across the back like this. It makes it unique. :p

You'll also notice that I got rid of the side-mounted M4 double-mag pouch from the MOLLE area just over the right shoulder. For starters, while I loved the look of it, it sort of got in the way (and getting the mags in/out when going through weapons checks at a con was a pain in the ass). I took them out as a result. Plus, I think this gives me the option of having a secondary weapon attached to that section of MOLLE strapping. It may be a bit tricky if the Loot Bag is also there, but I'll burn that bridge when I come to it; gotta decide on the primary and secondary weapons before I worry about that, after all.

Also, I'm sort of liking the look of the pants untucked from the boots, if the sketch is any indication of what the reality will be like.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I'm super excited for The Division. I'm not really working on a costume but I did something that some may think is kinda pointless, but I figured I'd share anyway. When I saw the 2014 E3 Gameplay Demo video, I really liked how the main character of the demo had their backpack set up as well as the jacket/hoodie combo and the two-tone Kriss Vector Super-V. So I set up my real life Bug-out bag similar to what you see in the demo, except I replaced some of the in game gizmos with real gear I wanted in my bag. I also got myself a new jacket/hoodie combo for the spring/fall weather and I'm sporting military patches from my grandfather. It looks like its leather in the game but I went with a jacket that's made out of a water resistant synthetic material. Lastly, I set up my airsoft CQB Gas-blow-back Kriss Vector that I play with to look like the one used in the demo.

I just figured I'd share a picture.

Thanks for letting me share! Everyone's set-ups in this thread are looking great! Hopefully I'll see one of you guys wandering around a con sometime soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back