Interest Tobin's Spirit Guide by Magnoli Props!

Looks like Kylash discovered above there are several new entities coming in the new movie. Entertainment Weekly has this one, the Sewer Dragon:

ezgif-3-630f5aaa7f.jpg

Mini-Pufts are back too...

I'm glad we agreed to wait. There might be LOTS to add from the new movie...

Bill

To Indy Magnoli and all:

So tonight I watched The Shining (1980) for the first time. (I know, hanging my head in shame for never getting around to it prior.) :whistle:

I feel that the mass of negative energy that possesses the Overlook Hotel was getting stronger and more intelligent with each death/soul it claimed. I could totally imagine an origin scenario where a perfectly decent hotel suffered its first murder in a bathtub in Room #237, in 1920. That, coupled with the fact that it was constructed on a Native burial ground, gives it enough psychokinetic energy (PKE) to manifest enough influence to trigger a second murder, and so on. Add another murder, the energy gets stronger, until finally at the end, even non-"shiny" folks could see the manifestations. Perhaps the energy is sentient now? Perhaps "RedRum" is its name? That would explain why Danny was repeating it over and over...like a spirit was trying to come into self-awareness.

It had some kind of connection to mirrors as well...not sure what that means, beyond Kubrick's desire to add symbols and callbacks and callforwards.

This feels to me like a necessary entry in Tobin's Spirit Guide. Are there any good writers contributing to this thread who are big-time Shining fans? I haven't read the book, nor have I dived into the lore; above is just my first impression. But I would love to see an interpretation of this entity ion the Guide!

To Indy Magnoli and all:

So tonight I watched The Shining (1980) for the first time. (I know, hanging my head in shame for never getting around to it prior.) :whistle:

I feel that the mass of negative energy that possesses the Overlook Hotel was getting stronger and more intelligent with each death/soul it claimed. I could totally imagine an origin scenario where a perfectly decent hotel suffered its first murder in a bathtub in Room #237, in 1920. That, coupled with the fact that it was constructed on a Native burial ground, gives it enough psychokinetic energy (PKE) to manifest enough influence to trigger a second murder, and so on. Add another murder, the energy gets stronger, until finally at the end, even non-"shiny" folks could see the manifestations. Perhaps the energy is sentient now? Perhaps "RedRum" is its name? That would explain why Danny was repeating it over and over...like a spirit was trying to come into self-awareness.

It had some kind of connection to mirrors as well...not sure what that means, beyond Kubrick's desire to add symbols and callbacks and callforwards.

This feels to me like a necessary entry in Tobin's Spirit Guide. Are there any good writers contributing to this thread who are big-time Shining fans? I haven't read the book, nor have I dived into the lore; above is just my first impression. But I would love to see an interpretation of this entity ion the Guide!
I’m a massive Stephen King fan and watched and read this vooo numerous times.

The issue with this is the first incident occurred in 1920. There isn’t enough of a passage of time to note down, as it would have likely been about the 40’s/50’s before a pattern emerged and would have been worthy of noting in this book.

When this book was published, the overlookit would have just been a random massacre occurring in a hotel and I’m sure there would have been lots of others occurring as one offs. Once it happened for a second or third time, it likely would have been something Tobin or some other investigator would have noted.

I’m a massive Stephen King fan and watched and read this vooo numerous times.

The issue with this is the first incident occurred in 1920. There isn’t enough of a passage of time to note down, as it would have likely been about the 40’s/50’s before a pattern emerged and would have been worthy of noting in this book.

When this book was published, the overlookit would have just been a random massacre occurring in a hotel and I’m sure there would have been lots of others occurring as one offs. Once it happened for a second or third time, it likely would have been something Tobin or some other investigator would have noted.

Ah, great points. Tobin wouldn't have noticed anything in time for him to write anything...the entity didn't seem to become as influential until much closer to Jack Torrance's time.

Thanks!

I hadn’t even considered IT as a viable entry. I’m not sure if I’m more excited for Frozen Empire or for this release!

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of fun surprises for those who read this cover-to-cover. ;)

Although I've given a full list of entries elsewhere in this thread, I was wondering if I should catalog exactly all the franchises referenced in this tome or just leave it to you to discover them on your own...

would there be a chapter or section for occult and spiritualistic tools used in conjuring and or communicting ect. just a thought i mean wouldnt tobin have tried to use devices to prove or disprove theories or fight the supernatural?

Indy Magnoli i saw the post about about the jersey devil did that make it in? and will it be the art from extreme ghostbusters?
The article about the Jersey Devil is actually based on the traditional folklore of the region, but I'll see if I can add some references to the EGB as well.

would there be a chapter or section for occult and spiritualistic tools used in conjuring and or communicting ect. just a thought i mean wouldnt tobin have tried to use devices to prove or disprove theories or fight the supernatural?

Chapter XI is about multi-regional and universal spirits, but therein are some entries on other topics such as Dowsing, Sacred Geometry and similar concepts.

Very excited. Is there a projected release date now that the film is closer?
Since we're waiting for the release to see if any entries should be added or tweaked, the final text won't be ready until April at least. It'll then take over a month to get the physical books done... so May/June is realistic for a release date.

Since we're waiting for the release to see if any entries should be added or tweaked, the final text won't be ready until April at least. It'll then take over a month to get the physical books done... so May/June is realistic for a release date.

With that being said; when do you expect final pricing to be announced and for preorders to go live?

Sounds interesting. I don’t think there’ll be much more beyond this info considering the teaser states it remained unsolved until now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back