Interest Tobin's Spirit Guide by Magnoli Props!

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
UPDATES:

This post discusses article contributions: Interest - Tobin's Spirit Guide by Magnoli Props!

We are going forward with Option 3, a full-on replica with complete text and illustrations, though hoping the price point will be half what was originally estimated. Stay tuned!

------------------
ORIGINAL POST BELOW
------------------

mTrQum2l.jpg

We're looking into doing a limited run of Tobin's Spirit Guide based on the version seen in Afterlife. We've got a few ways of doing this, so I thought we could get your input as to how you'd like to see this offered. At the moment, we've got the following ideas:

1) A finished cover (embossed leather with gold accents on hardcover cardstock). This would be a DIY project where you would have to find a matching sized book and add the cover yourself. We could make a tutorial as to how to do this, but it would certainly be the most affordable option. At a rough guess price would be $50-$100.

2) A finished "fake" book... basically same as above, but we do the work for you to add it to an existing random second-hand book. We could age the exterior of the pages so it looks like a realistically finished old book. Price would be around $150-$200.

3) A full-on replica of the guide full of text, illustrations, etc. This would change this "simple" project to a HUGE undertaking. We could open this up to community contributions to lighten the work load, but the sheer amount of work to get this done would push this verison into the $600-$800 price range. Because of the thickness of the book, I think we'd still only do a limited number of unique pages, then repeat them several times (but perhaps have the page numbering continue correctly).

So... post your interest, your thoughts, your preference and we'll see what eventuates. If you're happy with version 1 or 2, we could actually start this immediately as the cover graphics are finished and ready to go to press.

Kind regards,
Indy
Magnoli Props

Attachments

• mTrQum2h.jpg
    mTrQum2h.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I'd be interested in version 2 (maybe even a blank version) or version 1. If you go with version 1, I would just let everybody know what size book would be necessary so we can all start shopping around. ;)

There was a member here that was working on a fully realized version of this at one point, although I can't recall their name. I believe a few members (myself included) even submitted art and fake profiles for the ghosts. Would love if you'd attempt that sort of version!

There was a member here that was working on a fully realized version of this at one point, although I can't recall their name. I believe a few members (myself included) even submitted art and fake profiles for the ghosts. Would love if you'd attempt that sort of version!
Yeah, that was Michael Bergeron but unfortunately that project hit a huge roadblock when Michael's computer died. :( We could look at resurrecting it to dovetail with this project, but, as I said, it's a huge endeavor and would greatly increase the price.

We'll start developing the cover and see about possibly offering both option #1 and #2. If a lot more guys chime in about wanting #3, we can start working on that as well...

A project very close to my heart!

I’d take option 2 as a starter, but would wonder if it would be possible to also offer option 1 as I would love to try and tackle what you have planned for your “version 3” myself someday.

But deffo option 2!!!

Will go well with my other GB paper props!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back