To the Journey: looking back at Star Trek Voyager (documentary)

The Terminator

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

From the creators of the DS9 documentary "What We Left Behind" comes a new documentary about ST Voyager.
With less than 24 hrs left, the indiegogo campaign has raised more than 1.1 million dollars, almost 11 000 backers.

All of the Voyager footage will be HD remastered as per one of their goals, if ViacomCBS allows it.

It is supposed to be released this year. I personally can't wait :)

I donated towards the campaign and can't wait to watch my name roll by on the credits of the bluray whilst sipping tea from the replica Janeway mug.

The fact that this campaign is the largest, most successful crowd funded documentary is a testament to fans love for Voyager. Unequivocal proof that Voyager is a highly regarded Star Trek series.

I donated towards the campaign and can't wait to watch my name roll by on the credits of the bluray whilst sipping tea from the replica Janeway mug.

The fact that this campaign is the largest, most successful crowd funded documentary is a testament to fans love for Voyager. Unequivocal proof that Voyager is a highly regarded Star Trek series.
:lol: same here! I first jumped on getting the mug, and then at the very end I wanted the Blu-ray, since hopefully we will get the remastered footage.

That is why I don't get why cbsviacom don't do crowd funding in order to remaster voyager and DS9 like TNG. Surely it would at least get the ball rolling.

I was a little surprised they didn't switch to just producing the series in HD at least at some point during its run.

SSB
Very likely a cost/budget decision, sadly.
At least thdm VFX files for the models have been saved so that saves a bit of time and money for a potential remaster.

The bulk of the cost will be rescanning the 35mm negatives and putting the show through post production for a 2nd time.

Looking forward to hearing from people who worked on the show. No disrespect to Mary but I would prefer her segment be an extra feature on the disc to give time for cast or behind the scenes crew to give their story. I'm not overly interested in hearing from outsider opinions within the actual body of the documentary itself. This is the Voyager documentary not the Discovery documentary.
Some of the best parts of the DS9 doc were in the deleted scenes and interviews which should have been kept in and the singing kept to a bonus feature/deleted scene.
Just a minor thing.
Overall it's great that people like Jeri Taylor's son, Alexander Enberg, are being interviewed, Vorik was a great recurring character who had some great scenes with B'lanna and Tuvok.
Martha Hackett, Scott Macdonald, both also great choices.
LLAP.

great idea, but can some of these guys shave so they look like they did back then
I'm not really certain this is actually going to be a filmed, live action piece of newly shot "episode" footage, all of the actors costumes, the sets and props were all sold off back in the mid 2000s, it's all in the hands of private collectors.
I think in terms of a new piece of a Voyager episode, the most that could be hoped for would be a table read by the actors which would be filmed.

I'm wondering if this bonus material could be deleted scenes that will be restored in HD.

Last edited:
I really thought this would have been released by now. Given other films and TV series filmed during the pandemic that required extensive VFX have released I thought a documentary would be made and released a lot quicker.
There have been no significant updates for a while.
I just hope after this long wait it is worth it.

It's going to be an even longer wait. :(
This latest update came through on my e-mails yesterday.

Screenshot_20230316-095854.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back