TMP IRON MAN - New Photos Feb 2011. Page 72.

Re: Tmp ironman - photoshoot new york - page 69

this is one very jealous Iron Man typing here....the MKII suit has now become my favorite.
Favorite enough to make me consider painting my own suit.

Still jealous about Richie's helmet mod.
Still jealous i haven't got one of those MKII arc reactor kits with clear faceplate cover.

Thank you Decaturvader, if you need help with the MK2 let me know, my past offer still stands. :cool:thumbsup

Here is a Video i put together with photos from the Mission Rapport in the intial Post combined with several others. I hope you guys like it.

PRESS PHOTO TO WATCH VIDEO

Last edited:

WOW those are some nice suits!! have you guys ever thought about a war machine build? I would love to see what you guys could come up with

WARMACHINE..
Pr date this is our contribution to the Warmachine carracter in colors. Hope you like him.

Last edited:
Re: TMP Ironman Tread - MK2, MK3 - Warmachine

I have been asked to post more photos of our Warmachine painted version. Here are some updated photos of the entire suit.

REMOVED DUE TO LACK OF WATERMARK.

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man Costume. TMP. New photos London page 59

Okay-my neck seal so far.

I cut along seams to create three seperate pieces.
I then used rivots and fastened to my full colar. Not pictured, but the colar was more like a "dickie", ya know, a fake turtleneck.
Well....even though the colar strectched...it sucked taking off and on. So, I cut the neck portion out to what you see in the pics.

P1010004.jpg

That still wasn't working for me, so I broke out my wonder glue and attached strategic areas to the cotton. Now, I actually like how that turned out. Not much added movement up or down, but better than having it all one piece. this method does not help with side to side movement of the head. In order to get side to side movement, I'd wager the top section of my neck seal would have to be eliminated from this method and maaaybe afixed to the inside of the mask with velcro or sumthing.

P1010005.jpg

I have not decided what i am going to do with the rear of the neck seal. If I make it similar to the fornt section's construction, I will probably velcro both pieces to my body suit. My suit has a stormtrooper neck seal afixed to it.

The shoulder bells and arms.
Well, my biceps came with a long strap already rivoted to the uper bicep portion. Inside the shoulder bell was a hold down bracket that was fiberglassed in. This bracket was to hold the female portion of a backpack clip. Well, this clip obivously is two pieces- a male end and the female end that is attached to the shoulder bell. Well...I tried different twists and scenarios..could not for the life of me figure out what was going on LOL.

So, I basicly eliminated the clip and just used the existing strap, bracket and bolt. I threaded the strap as seen in the pics and used a leather punch to make a hole in the strap at just the right length. I used fire to melt the strap a bit to prevent fraying. I also tied a knot at the end of the strap, so it does not unthread itself. I am planning on sewing a D-Ring onto the strap to make things a little easier.

Pc260002%20%282%29.jpg

What I like about this method is how it holds the shoulder bell. It forces the bell to "hug" the bicep and maintain fluid movement when I lift my arm. The underside of the shoulder bell has a 2" strip of foam. Typically, this foam sits just over the bolt...acting as a "guide" to keep the shoulder bell straight. Not exactly sure that was the intended reason...I'd imagine the foam was to just prevent paint scratching and gouges.

My adaptation of this threading seems to work just fine. The only slight concern I have is the chance of overstressing the shoulder bolt. It doesn't seem to cause much stress....but I reckon the chance of cracking the shoulder armor is a possibility that may require me to re-evaluate this threading system, or re-enforce the shoulder bolt area.

threading.jpg

The Extremely cool Eyes- By Steve Lalley.
Steve Lalley was gracious enough to share his eye lighting technique. He sent video and a detailed pic. He also sent links to ebay auctions of actual materials used.

First, the LEDs:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEADLAMP-FLASHLIGHT-5-LED-TORCH-LIGHT-3-MODE-4-CAMPING_W0QQitemZ270323528194QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches?hash=item270323528194&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Second, his arc reactor idea:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370129111040

His drawing of how he did it:
helmet%20eyes.jpg

Annnnd...yes, vision is NOT an issue as the videos show:

http://www.decaturvader.com/rpf/tmp/eyes/MOV00631.MPG

http://www.decaturvader.com/rpf/tmp/eyes/MOV00630.MPG

I haven't had time today to thoroughly look into what Steve had done, but from my quick glance, it looks like he put in his own eye lenses, perhaps out of some sunglasses...but, I could be wrong. Also, I am assuming the LEDs are sooo bright, that they shine "thru" that last thin layer of foam to give the illusion of even lighting that we have been craving to discover.

As I get carried awy with felt-lining my body parts, I see Steve has lined his helmet too!! Cool and clean :thumbsup

And a tangent- John knew I was wanting "careful" battledamge done to my suit and it was executed perfectly. My main fear was the deep gouges and burns onthe face...I did not like that on John's suit. HOWEVER, on Steve's suit...holy freakin crap...that works really well. I LOVE the black paint stroke above his left eye...looks really evil. the burn hole above the right eye is high enough not to alter the eye socket like Johns and ...I dunnoo...it just worked perfect...perfect enough I wish MY suit matched it. Oh well....I play safe :lol

Gracious ... ive been called many things and thats not one of them :) hope you guys are good :)

Nice to see the pics

I have been asked to post more photos of our Warmachine painted version. Here are some updated photos of the entire suit.
034.jpg

039.jpg
038.jpg

037.jpg
035.jpg

033.jpg
031.jpg

030.jpg
029.jpg

Id say this is fantastic But ...

That would be like saying the mona lisa is just a painting :/

Great work as always John :)

:D Thank you for you kind words. Its been a fun project, but now we got to move on with other projects. We want to do larger versions.

Hello TMP, just to say numbers, how much you think have invested in this BEAUTIFUL costume?
Giovanni

these have got to be the GREATEST iron man suits i have EVER seen. i could only dream of making something this great.:love

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back