TMNT Hero Suit - Pics 1-22-11 post 129

I had a terrible experience with this guy. See here:

http://www.therpf.com/f13/run-close...-blanks-shipped-11-12-10-a-100144/index2.html

Of course the mask has never been shipped, nor a refund is an option for this guy as he claimed "it was finished" - he claimed the picture was in his facebook but if you go there no mask finished is displayed. I requested a lot of times to send me it in any status (better something instead of nothing) providing him a lot of times my address, of course no answer and no mask. I paid this thief one year ago.
I consider my money definitely lost for this. Be warned.

This was posted on technodrome by CustomPropSculptorGuy (as it's an open forum I have no problem posting this, if mods disagree, feel free to remove it):

Last edited:
I just read all of what he wrote on Technodrome. What he's not telling you is there is ALWAYS a hospitalization or death of some kind. It's always someone or something else's fault. He's got contracts, blah, blah, blah. This dude has some talent, but squanders it trying to deliver more product than he has talent. I don't know why, but for some reason, people give him money. He uses old pictures of products he never finished. Does anyone hear remember lifesize Iron-Man or the 24" tall Transformers statues he was doing for an Australian company?

The dude wouldn't disappear from boards or stop communicating if he was professional. If he's on technodrome posting he could come here and settle what he owes. I think saying he was selling "warm air" is being more than gracious because he's selling nothing.

His Technodrome post:
There has NEVER - and I repeat - NEVER been a lack of communication. And to say that, is actionable on my part towards you. This is a result of personal issues, having hired people who've not been able to fulfill duties, and deaths to two family members, both of which were my hands-on guys who frankly, effed me up mentally. No one plans to put their 19yr and 22 old brothers in the ground; So take that comment and shove it down your throat. Everyone has a contract, terms, and has agreed to those terms. What theyre NOT telling you, and this DOES apply, is when someone makes 24 revisions, doesn't let me work, and then in lue of charging revision fees, which, are in the contract, the deadline gets pushed back so that I'm not in the hole and can make costumes like this for bargain basement prices. Those deaths f*cked me up - and it put me behind; WAAAAY behing, and yea, I'm playing catch up. I'm also my worst enemy in that when the client says "good enough" it's not good enough for me. And yea, it's gotten me in trouble with this build.

I can say how ever, that I am almost caught up, and will be selling the molds to the highest bidder as soon as these 4 suits are finished. So all I am saying is, make sure you have all the information. And the Mirko situation; it's been sent back to me twice because of Italian Customs; You can't ship hardly anything to Italy, and then I just got swamped with my brothers' passing.

OH - and I'm also giving me another head, on my dime to make up for it. As well as other foam prop pieces; torsos, hands in some cases, to make up for it, as well as partial refunds p/their contracts. Not making any excuses, I just got effed up in the head and let my self get way beyond set back. and everything is back on track. The biggest issue is that foam latex takes sooooo long to bake; it take 20hours p/suit to bake, and another 10 hours of paint. And I've already talked to the RPF mods, and again, I've never denied anyone contact and I've been as up front with everyone. Falling behind isn't screwing people over... It's just that; falling behind. I deal with 100s of orders a month, and 4 have yet to go out after being backed on over 300; so I'm almost done getting back to what I do; $10K suits for less than half of that...

Man he is just laughable. His 'firm' consists of a facebook page. To successfully sell and ship thousands of items a year (and only 5 go bad, lol) it would require more than 1-2 people he may 'employ'. I'm not usually one to get involved, but this guy is just 100% BS and I can't stand it. No one in this hobby (whether their profession or not) has ever asked me to sign a non-disclosure agreement and frankly if they did I would not purchase from them. Here's his company info from manta.com. I'm sure the income is over-estimated because the thought of him making $96k a year is both laughable and sickening all at once. 6 13 Concepts - Brandon, Florida (FL) | Company Profile.

I like that he doesn't have time to come over to a message board (where he gathered the business) where people are complaining because they could just call him. It's called a reputation. So far he's keeping the one he's earned. How about getting over here and getting people the freakin' turtle teeth he owes them. He's a leech that moves from property to property to inflate his ego and drain the wallets of hopeful customers with promises of product he'll never deliver. I don't have 1/100 the sculpting talent he does, but I have 1,000,000x the business sense that he does. I hate it when good talent is wasted on bad rubbish.

the Mirko situation; it's been sent back to me twice because of Italian Customs; You can't ship hardly anything to Italy, and then I just got swamped with my brothers' passing.

Sincerly, all my collectibles - and i have MANY - have been bought in US, even from honourable members of this forum or via ebay, and i received quite everything with no issues, except in this case and in another fraudolent one (RPF user Murphy38, but she is in france and no customs are aplicable for europe community). I have doubts concerning your sentence, if I have to be honest.

I almost purchased from this guy before he posted many of his pics and I am glad I wasnt impressed with his work because that is the reason I didnt purchase. I have already been screwed out of 500.00 from Josh Hoover for a Raptor Head I never received and it sucks I am sorry you are all going through the same thing with this guy. Question for you all who purchased, did you really think the quality of this guys work looked good because to me the heads he made were less then average looking at best, I mean I have seen better halloween masks.

I can only speak for myself but I have done a ton of buisness with the guy and he has always been on time and kept in touch with me. Even gave me his number and helped out with advise on products to use as well as sculpting tips. I'm sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with him. Maybe try to contact him again. His work is amazing and I do enjoy the turtle heads I got. My other suit parts should be coming so I will have to post them up =).

you guys need to stop necroposting... the guy who opened the thread is banned. and also the last post before today was last year...
images

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back