Tip on making seamless seams with EVA foam.

familyman

Sr Member
Hi there. I am busy making some costumes and props with EVA foam. I know some people (myself included) have had some trouble with getting the seemless look when gluing two pieces of foam together. Today I thought I would try something out and it work.
Here is what I did, I hope it will be of use to some.

First, get the two pieces of foam you need to glue and lay them face side up next to each other. Then using clear tape, tape them together.
DSCF5392.jpg

Then turn them over making sure to keep them taped nice and close. Put hot glue right in the seem and then some along the edge.
DSCF5393.jpg

Fold the pieces to the angle you need and hold for a few seconds until dry.
DSCF5394.jpg

Here is the outside of the two pieces you see the tape is still keeping the pieces together.
DSCF5395.jpg

Once dry remove the tape and you should have seems like these.
DSCF5396.jpg

DSCF5397.jpg

Enjoy and good luck with your future seems.

Re: Tip on making seemless seems with EVA foam.

Thanks for the tutorial, I'm sure this will be of help to foam armor people. Even though they still use plastidip.

thanks for sharing. Somewhat of a similar method I'm doing for seams on my foam builds.

Thanks for the great tip. Starting my first foam helmet this weekend. This is going to help a lot.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back