Tintin - Moonrocket 3,5ft high

And a nudge i def need... :$

Easier for me to explain the gridlines.

1. From bottom to top there are 6 lines which define the whites and reds.
2. From the bottom of the hull going up, the first horizontal line starts exactly at the top of the wing. Approx. 186mm (ca. 7.32") from the bottom of the hull.
3. Subsequently each horizontal line is up 88.3mm (ca. 3.49") from the previous one.
4. Mark the white taped squares (not really squares, but you get the point), to make sure you don't peel away the wrong ones before spraying.

Although i'm sure you've got plenty of tintin around the house to check, On page 1, post 1 of this thread there's a cover of Objectif Lune, to check the positioning of the white squares.

Cheers,

Wasili

Also be aware Herge made some mistakes in a few panels! :)

Wasili I missed your 22 March pic somehow. NICE! Any ETA for posting it please? :)

Hey Martyn,

I'm away on holiday for a few weeks, so when i get back, i'll mail the rocket out to you.

Cheers,

Wasili

Oh wow! I love this rocket design, and that is a really beautiful model of it. I wonder if it will be in the forthcoming movies from Speilberg and Jackson.

YOU won't be. I'm going to do horrifying things to the model. Rivets!

And that's just for starters!

:p

PS Jiminydog, that really is nice paintwork. Where'd ya get the neat figures? I'd love to grab a set of those myself.

Cheers,
Martyn

The figs were floating around on ebay awhile back ... there are two sets, an earlier one with less detail (but with thompson twins) and a later set with just the Captain, Tintin and Milou, which are much nicer and sharper sculpts.

I don't do airbrush, the paint job was just rattle-can primer, white and red, and standard blue masking tape. I measured the squares off and trimmed the masking with flexible ruler and eyeball and luck. To be honest it turned out way better than I expected!

I did have a little trouble with the nose cone, which arrived with a small chip and got worse when I tried to drill a hole for the antenna, so be careful there, nwerke. I had to rebuild a section of it with putty. Looks fine now, though, but I definitely need to be careful of it if I move it.

Great job Wasili. I have always liked the Moon Rocket too and had thought about building a smaller version of it. Thankyou for sharing the pics with me and good luck with future builds, whatever they may be.

Nick K

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back