Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland Costumes

I have a question for all you lovely folks here in the thread... is there anyone that will be lending out their hatmaking talents on a commissioned basis? I've been trying to put my own hat together now for two weeks and unfortunately it isn't going all that well due to the fact that I have a nerve issue popping up again with my left arm. Needless to say, it's harder than heck to MAKE anything when you only have full use of one hand. So, if anyone is willing to work with me and offer up some price quotes, shoot me a PM. I just need a hat, no pins or the scarf since I already have those. Many thanks :)

i would also like to know roughly how much a plain(not colored or stiched) hat would be.

I have a question for all you lovely folks here in the thread... is there anyone that will be lending out their hatmaking talents on a commissioned basis? I've been trying to put my own hat together now for two weeks and unfortunately it isn't going all that well due to the fact that I have a nerve issue popping up again with my left arm. Needless to say, it's harder than heck to MAKE anything when you only have full use of one hand. So, if anyone is willing to work with me and offer up some price quotes, shoot me a PM. I just need a hat, no pins or the scarf since I already have those. Many thanks :)

Anyone wanting a hat feel free to message me!

So after looking for a few weeks for the Funny Guy wig many mention here, and having no luck, I opted to buy a wig called Housewife Wig, and restyle it.

The wig is by Forum Novelties, and is Auburn colored.

Here's a link to the wig-
50's House Wife Wig - 50's Costume Accessory - Costumes Inc

I'm happy with the styling and am now debating my original plan to add copper color to the wig now that it's styled.

Are most of your Hatter's auburn or copper shades of red?
:)

the funny guy i think is copper
cause it looks like a dark natural orange you know

i plan on trying to have a more orange one before con
(fingers crossed)

hahah i was about to do something for that XP

check out what i finished guys
SDC12734.jpg

it only took like 2 days
(would have been one but i didnt have any black cotton and needed to go out and buy some)
im real happy with it, its totally SA down to the ties in the back
i plan on wearing it to the Tea Party at SDCC
(im not gonna have the blue shirt cause i dont want to be sad at a tea party with a bunch of friends ^^)

P.S.
ima start selling these buggers XP

hahah i was about to do something for that XP

check out what i finished guys
SDC12734.jpg

it only took like 2 days
(would have been one but i didnt have any black cotton and needed to go out and buy some)
im real happy with it, its totally SA down to the ties in the back
i plan on wearing it to the Tea Party at SDCC
(im not gonna have the blue shirt cause i dont want to be sad at a tea party with a bunch of friends ^^)

P.S.
ima start selling these buggers XP

Looks great!
I haven't started making mine for my Hatter yet-who also plans to wear it Saturday at Comic Con :)
I wish you already had them for sale so I could concentrate on Um 100%

We'll have to get lots of photos at the Tea Party!

That is looking really really great! Im not sure if I will end up making the Um dress or not. May I ask where you got the striped Sheer stuff?

The sheer fabric is drapery fabric on sale from fabric.com.
I bought the last 6 yards of it.

The stripes are black satin ribbon, tacked to the sheer fabric.

The red and black sheer for the crinolines, as well as the netting, are finds from downtown L.A.'s fabric district.

So far the most difficult part of it (other than figuring out a pattern) has been the miles of crinoline, then the ribbon-both have made me a bit bonkers :)

so, there pretty
and its better then trying to find the exact vintage ones cause most of the really fancy ones on ebay are bloody expensive
i dont want to pay 200 bucks for a pair of scissors thanks

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back