Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland Costumes

What does everyone think of this wig? Would obviously need to be restyled into the softer curls & trimmed a little but that is straight out of the package.

4733104257_8fa6417209.jpg

It's color 613; I've been trying to find a lace front in 613A (which is a smidge whiter) but haven't had any luck. :(

Back to costuming :)

Yesterday I dyed a shirt for Blue Hatter, using RIT liquid dye in Teal.
The lace for the cuffs came out perfectly, but the shirt is lighter than I had hoped it would be.

Those who have made this version-did you make the shirt from fabric already the correct color, or did you dye a shirt to match?
If you dyed, what shade did you use?

Then for me, after hours and miles, and miles, and miles of tulle, I've made the crinolines for Um!!
There will be another layer of red attached to the bodice (in theory) once I finish making it-
But my fingers hurt today so I'm leaving the bodice for another day.
:)
Beautiful! :thumbsup

Hey Crimson
Panda says 613A is considered a costume color and doesn't come stock on a front lace wig

613 should look fine
but the 613A would have to be a custom order.

thanks
i still have alot i want to do though.
whistle pin
turbin pin
buy the hollow pin
add details to the scarf
paint the "leather" patch on the right to match the hat
but im happy with it for now :p

Me too, my boyfriend and I are just about to start on the hat. I'm going to start on the hatpins, I have the filigre gold hat pin, made the daisy one and have a spare if your interested, made the blue bead and going to make the whistle and art deco one from miliput. I have the fabric for the scarf but need to embroider the flowers. Lots to do and so little time, he has his first outting in a couple of weeks time! Eeekk :)

and your probably best scouring Ebay for a royal blue button up
there out there
you just need to find one

I thought the shirt was more of a teal/turquoise-hence that dye choice.
I've bought a bottle of Royal Blue, and am going to dye the shirt again, and see how it comes out.
If I don't like the new color, I'll check ebay :)

Me too, my boyfriend and I are just about to start on the hat. I'm going to start on the hatpins, I have the filigre gold hat pin, made the daisy one and have a spare if your interested, made the blue bead and going to make the whistle and art deco one from miliput. I have the fabric for the scarf but need to embroider the flowers. Lots to do and so little time, he has his first outting in a couple of weeks time! Eeekk :)

well good luck on that! and im satisfied with my daisy pin, it's not a daisy but it's a button that looks pretty decent and adds a person touch. :)

I thought the shirt was more of a teal/turquoise-hence that dye choice.
I've bought a bottle of Royal Blue, and am going to dye the shirt again, and see how it comes out.
If I don't like the new color, I'll check ebay :)

Well the Royal Blue looks very denim :(
Even over the Teal original dye job.
So now I need to decide if I want to keep it so blue, or start over with a whole new shirt.
Re-watching the film and looking at the visual guide, blue is passable per photos-via the film where we all know the colors were kicked up, the shirt needs to be more turquoise.

Started on my Spool bandolier #2 yesterday...And finished what I could on it today. I need more chain. :angry:thumbsdown

I went to get some when I was in St Louis last week, and they had it on order...But the girl wouldn't put my name down for them. :unsure And then I miscounted what I had, so now I need four more packages of another kind of chain I used. LOL.

I have a question for all you lovely folks here in the thread... is there anyone that will be lending out their hatmaking talents on a commissioned basis? I've been trying to put my own hat together now for two weeks and unfortunately it isn't going all that well due to the fact that I have a nerve issue popping up again with my left arm. Needless to say, it's harder than heck to MAKE anything when you only have full use of one hand. So, if anyone is willing to work with me and offer up some price quotes, shoot me a PM. I just need a hat, no pins or the scarf since I already have those. Many thanks :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back