Tiger & Bunny Suit (armored ver. WIP)

@Dei: Your new Sky High helmet looks excellent! Such a shame you were the only T&B cosplayer there. Kind of hard to believe, as its popuarlity is growing here in the US. Did many people recognize you?

@itsaplane: Me love you long time if you can unfold Bunny's armor!!! Thank you for giving it a shot! I've been anxiously awaiting his unfolds. Even if I can't properly pepakura my armor, I'd really love to get a pep of his helmet. :D

Ran into a problem tho.. Blender hatessss my computer. Could anyone make the obj files,into pdos? Then I can start the,unfolding process,lol

Also unfff those hero suits! Loving the flip up face plate!!

Rose> I had little success in Sydney, with maybe around 10 people recognizing me. Had a much better time back in Perth, where I had this happen:

Xe2WHl.png

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside XD

Wow so I've started unfolding bunny's armor. I'll probably release it when I've made the build to double check if it works or not. It isn't as hard as I thought. :p

@Dei: I saw that story on tumblr a while back! That's really neat that your friend made cards like that. How cute. XD What an exciting experience, too, with that fan! I don't think there's much you can compare in the cosplay world to making someone's entire weekend, haha.

@CrimsonAether: Thank you for your time unfolding all of Tiger, and for sharing! I'm sure it will be useful to a lot of people.

@itsaplane: :O!!! I'm so excited! Yes! Thank you!! I'm so glad you didn't give up on it! :D

Last edited:
@itsaplane: Great job! Nice to see more people unfolding; it seems intimidating at first, but it's not so bad, just time consuming. Keep up the good work!

I know no one has posted on her for almost a month, and I'm hoping this thread isn't dead, but I created an account for this site just to post on here. I just wanted to tell everyone making Hero suits that you're all doing amazing jobs, and they all just look so great!! It makes me very happy :)
I would also like to thank CrimsonAether for posting the Wild Tiger Pepakura files. I'm working on the helmet right now, and am hoping to have the suit done by Sakura-con 2013. It wouldn't be possible without your pepakura files, and I just wanted to say thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this. :D

I know no one has posted on her for almost a month, and I'm hoping this thread isn't dead, but I created an account for this site just to post on here. I just wanted to tell everyone making Hero suits that you're all doing amazing jobs, and they all just look so great!! It makes me very happy :)
I would also like to thank CrimsonAether for posting the Wild Tiger Pepakura files. I'm working on the helmet right now, and am hoping to have the suit done by Sakura-con 2013. It wouldn't be possible without your pepakura files, and I just wanted to say thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this. :D

You are very welcome :) And welcome to the thread. This thread isn't dead, people are just busy sometimes, especially with summer ending soon. I come on here every now and then to see if there are any new posts, but I usually only post when I have something to update on.
Let me know if you need any help with the armor. A few of the pieces (like the torso) are blow a little out of proportion and the rest of the armor is scaled to my height, which I am about 6 ft. PM me if you need help resizing things or if you have any other questions. Happy Building :D

Hey again, I uploaded Bunny's Face up and Face down files for anyone that wants them and wants to take them apart and unfold them.

156126_268968836525792_109947829094561_576988_831125042_n.jpg

bunny_faceup.obj

bunny_facedown.obj

Long time no post on my part, though this thread's been pretty dead lately. :(

Crimson! I have a question for you, or for anyone else who happens to know and can help clear up my confusion. I figure you're the best to ask in this thread since you just did this with Wild Tiger.

I just downloaded the face down file above (thank you!) and with the help of my more 3D program-savvy boyfriend, we took a look at the model in Maya. After separating it, we found that it's already neatly broken up into the different parts and is just waiting to be unfolded.

Now, my question is, is the next step installing Pepakura Designer and importing the .obj file directly into it? Or is there more work that needs to be done in Maya before bringing it over to Pepakura Designer? (Or am I completely misunderstanding this?) Can you please clarify for me what steps you took, or point me to a thread that lays this out? I tried looking around on 405th and one of the stickied pepakura threads on here and am getting a little overwhelmed with information. I want to try my hand at unfolding Bunny's armor but am having a hard time figuring out how I get to the unfolding part, haha. My boyfriend isn't sure how the Pepakura program works either or else I'd just ask him. I myself have zero knowledge of 3D programs. D: Thanks in advance!

Due to moving I've decided to scrap my cardboard + papier mache armor and start over with a pepakura version rather than ship what I've got done. It'll look way more accurate with pepakura, and if all goes well, I should have the workspace for fiberglass and resin at the new place so I can do it properly.

Long time no post on my part, though this thread's been pretty dead lately. :(

Crimson! I have a question for you, or for anyone else who happens to know and can help clear up my confusion. I figure you're the best to ask in this thread since you just did this with Wild Tiger.

I just downloaded the face down file above (thank you!) and with the help of my more 3D program-savvy boyfriend, we took a look at the model in Maya. After separating it, we found that it's already neatly broken up into the different parts and is just waiting to be unfolded.

Now, my question is, is the next step installing Pepakura Designer and importing the .obj file directly into it? Or is there more work that needs to be done in Maya before bringing it over to Pepakura Designer? (Or am I completely misunderstanding this?) Can you please clarify for me what steps you took, or point me to a thread that lays this out? I tried looking around on 405th and one of the stickied pepakura threads on here and am getting a little overwhelmed with information. I want to try my hand at unfolding Bunny's armor but am having a hard time figuring out how I get to the unfolding part, haha. My boyfriend isn't sure how the Pepakura program works either or else I'd just ask him. I myself have zero knowledge of 3D programs. D: Thanks in advance!

Due to moving I've decided to scrap my cardboard + papier mache armor and start over with a pepakura version rather than ship what I've got done. It'll look way more accurate with pepakura, and if all goes well, I should have the workspace for fiberglass and resin at the new place so I can do it properly.

Happy to hear you'll be able to get more work done :)

Now with your unfolding problem: Your first guess was right. All you need to do is install Pepakura Designer and import the .obj file directly. As you guessed, the object still needs to be unfolded and that's gonna take some time.

If you want to unfold the object by yourself, there is a icon that looks like a utility knife called "Specify open edge". This tool will allow you to select edges(fold lines) on the object in which you want to make cuts. I would suggest making cuts on more prominent edges and whatever seems like it flows the best. You can also use the "auto unfold" button, but it does a terrible job and always looks messing and unorganized, I do it sometimes to help me start off though.

I found this video to be very useful:
Pepakura Unfolding Tutorial Part 1 - YouTube

Happy to hear you'll be able to get more work done :)

Now with your unfolding problem: Your first guess was right. All you need to do is install Pepakura Designer and import the .obj file directly. As you guessed, the object still needs to be unfolded and that's gonna take some time.

If you want to unfold the object by yourself, there is a icon that looks like a utility knife called "Specify open edge". This tool will allow you to select edges(fold lines) on the object in which you want to make cuts. I would suggest making cuts on more prominent edges and whatever seems like it flows the best. You can also use the "auto unfold" button, but it does a terrible job and always looks messing and unorganized, I do it sometimes to help me start off though.

I found this video to be very useful:
Pepakura Unfolding Tutorial Part 1 - YouTube

Thank you very much! I'm glad I was on the right track. The more I think about my confusion, the sillier it seems now. When I first opened up the 3D model in Maya, I saw that the entire model was in tri's, and my first thought was "Oh crap, I don't think I can unfold it in a bunch of triangle pieces!" and thought I needed to adjust the shapes on the model in Maya. But it didn't occur to me that hey, Pepakura Designer is meant to make its own shapes out of the model, so it shouldn't be an issue. Not to mention, apparently most 3D models are done in tri's (I guess?) so it's not like I'd run into a unique situation, haha. Anyway, thank you very much for the tips and the link. Now that I have a better understanding about how all this works, I'm getting pretty excited about giving this a shot. Might try out an easy piece this weekend and see if I get anywhere.

On a bit of a subject change - How many lucky ducks are going to watch the movie this weekend?

Thank you very much! I'm glad I was on the right track. The more I think about my confusion, the sillier it seems now. When I first opened up the 3D model in Maya, I saw that the entire model was in tri's, and my first thought was "Oh crap, I don't think I can unfold it in a bunch of triangle pieces!" and thought I needed to adjust the shapes on the model in Maya. But it didn't occur to me that hey, Pepakura Designer is meant to make its own shapes out of the model, so it shouldn't be an issue. Not to mention, apparently most 3D models are done in tri's (I guess?) so it's not like I'd run into a unique situation, haha. Anyway, thank you very much for the tips and the link. Now that I have a better understanding about how all this works, I'm getting pretty excited about giving this a shot. Might try out an easy piece this weekend and see if I get anywhere.

On a bit of a subject change - How many lucky ducks are going to watch the movie this weekend?

Cool, Glad I could help :)

I'm going to go to the Cosplay Contest this weekend, but I wasn't able to purchase a ticket. A friend of mine has tickets for the 4pm showing, but I don't think I can make that one. It'd be awesome if some people knew where I could get some. Anyone can help me with this?

Cool, Glad I could help :)

I'm going to go to the Cosplay Contest this weekend, but I wasn't able to purchase a ticket. A friend of mine has tickets for the 4pm showing, but I don't think I can make that one. It'd be awesome if some people knew where I could get some. Anyone can help me with this?

Are both shows completely sold out now? All I can think to do is to post around on T&B communities, like Tumblr tags, Livejournal communities, etc. I'm sure there is SOMEONE out there who has a ticket and can't go anymore. Heck, I even saw someone make a post saying that they actually live in Texas and just bought a ticket to get the Wild Tiger card, and they were giving their movie ticket to anyone in the Bay Area for free, provided they mailed the ticket stub and card to them afterward, lol! So I say just poke around and see if you can find someone who wants to sell a ticket. :)

(Fixing up my friends English...)

Hello, I know I have not been apart of this thread but i have an issue I cant seam to figure out. I am not sure how to use pepakura the way all of you have to make these magnificent files for the public, but in the thread you included tigers armor that has bean chopped into peices that can be easily assembled, but have not done the same for the bunny armor. I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but I really need help. Can any of you separate the armor for me? I'm going to anime Boston and I really need to get started because my friend has already gotten started on his tiger costume. Please help me!

Thank you!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back