Tiger & Bunny Suit (armored ver. WIP)

Hey Everybody! Fanime was just this last weekend so I have a few pictures to show you guys. I actually did a really stupid thing and kept working on my costume even during the con so I ended up missing practically the whole thing. I missed the Tiger & Bunny gathering and didn't get to spend much time at the con, and I eventually had it ready by Sunday night when the con was pretty much over. I'm so bummed now because I missed out on such a great con :(

Here's some pictures anyways: :T
Facebook

That is me actually! :D And that Blue Rose is my friend. Oh! Can you send me a link to that person's tumblr?

Cool, I'm glad to see another picture of me. I wasn't able to get my suit done until Sunday night, and I missed basically all of Fanime because I kept working on my costume. I'm actually a little depressed now because I missed out on such a great weekend :( Well, the suit isn't completely finished, but I guess I'll have to keep working and look forward to AX...

Sure! I got it from here: fuyuhanasan

That's awesome! I'm friends with her friend who was there with her as Origami. Oh how I wish I could have been at Fanime this year!

Ahh, that really sucks about not getting to do much at the convention. I completely understand how you feel! I have done that to myself with a costume once before too...definitely no fun (I learned a big lesson that weekend). :( But if it makes you feel any better, even though your costume isn't 100% finished, it really looks great! :D For doing the torso in foam, you REALLY got a good shape. I would love to know how you went about shaping that!

Crimson> For some reason, I can't see the pics you linked on FB, but your costume's looking great!

Rose> Thanks for the compliments! Sky High is progressing nicely! The jet pack and gauntlets will be getting their first coat of paint tomorrow, along with the boots. Helmet is still being sanded and puttied, but once all that is out of the way, it'll just steamroll all the way to the finish!

Crimson> For some reason, I can't see the pics you linked on FB, but your costume's looking great!

Rose> Thanks for the compliments! Sky High is progressing nicely! The jet pack and gauntlets will be getting their first coat of paint tomorrow, along with the boots. Helmet is still being sanded and puttied, but once all that is out of the way, it'll just steamroll all the way to the finish!

And here you were making it sound like you weren't going to get to it for a while yet! ;) Can't wait to see it done!

And of all days for the temperature and weather to be horrid for painting, it had to be today. Hopefully tomorrow will have clearer skies!

Crimson> Awesome work with the suit! Can't wait to see it finished! A little thought though, are the arm sections possibly a little too small? I'm talking about the transparent guards that he has on his upper arms. They seem a little disproportionate compared to everything else (which is perfectly balanced :) )

BREAKING NEWS!

Sky High's live action suit was just announced, and OH MY GOD, it looks amazing.

cSZBW.jpg

Crimson> Awesome work with the suit! Can't wait to see it finished! A little thought though, are the arm sections possibly a little too small? I'm talking about the transparent guards that he has on his upper arms. They seem a little disproportionate compared to everything else (which is perfectly balanced :) )

Do you mean on the gaunlets, not upper arms? If so, then Yes. I made the gauntlets/forarms too small, but the upper arms and torso are too big. Still need to make the shoulder guards too.

BREAKING NEWS!

Sky High's live action suit was just announced, and OH MY GOD, it looks amazing.

cSZBW.jpg

Oh my god... /weeps

They really know how to make the live action suits look like the real thing! If I didn't already know it was a picture of the costume, I'd have thought I was looking at a picture of the Figuarts!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa okay that's it I'm following this thread.

I want to do Wild Tiger's power suit myself but I don't really have the means to use the pepakura files - or bondo - so I still have to do a lot of thinking. CrimsonAther your sculpts are lovely. (and if you have finished Guan Yu yet I WANT TO SEE IT)

Don't mind me I'm just here to ogle your gorgeous sculpts (everybody) and pick up hints and tips by osmosis.

CrimsonAether: Your WT looks good! I was wondering did you end up making foam patterns off of the pepakura files or did you ended up eyeballing it?

If you made foam pattern versions could you post them? :lol

Latest update on the helmet! Just got itself sanded down to 800grit! Needs a few more touchups here and there, then it's off to be primered and detailed!

UiOmil.jpg

Supanova Sydney's just over, and I ended up being the only Tiger & Bunny cosplayer during the whole con XD Sky High got a good run though!

jAoKol.jpg

Lookin' pretty sweet, there. :D

Well, thanks to you guys I'm totally going to do Wild Tiger. But I physically have zero capability of using pepakura so I'm going to have to go at it from square one. Wish me luck!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back