TIE FIGHTER 3D PRINTED

Cheers guys. So, the main model is complete; still got the fascia to do and am thinking about an integral interior to print as one piece along with the cockpit ball

TIE 9.jpg
TIE 10.jpg
TIE 11.jpg
TIE 12.jpg

Thanks...it's modelled in Blender and Zbrush

So I have printed some parts for test fitting; they're just draft standard, printed fast, but it helps me sort out any problems. I'm really happy with the 'koolshade' effect and the fit of the pylon. I will try and print the 'ball' with the interior next but it seems to print fine
20210827_055657.jpg

20210827_055732 (2).jpg
20210827_055802 (2).jpg

20210827_061815 (2).jpg

Blender and ZBRush was not the answer I expected and am more impresse. I am a Max user and making the TIE for print would be a big job. Looks great!

So that's the ball greeblie'd up. Next up is the pylon greeblies and then the cockpit fascia board. My aim is to be able to print the whole model on a regular Prusa or decent printer so I've started beta testing the wings to see how they print

and here are most of the greebs, that aren't on the hatches...kinda reminds me of the training remote

I love that you have the greeblies separate. Some of the best models I have printed/built so far have the greeblies separate. I am not sure if that is really what you are doing but I find, depending on the print and the parts (and my skill level, or lack of it) I really enjoy printing the detail parts separate and then putting them on (which also lets me mix PLA/Resin really well). I just find it's easier sometimes to print the kits and put some of the detail parts on after...

Anyway, looks awesome as always!!

Cheers guys...yes the greeblies will be available to print separately and yes, I will put the files in my Etsy shop when I'm done...just not enough hours in the day to get everything finished.

I am working on the interior now; got the front bits done
TIE 13.jpg

Amazing work. Just curious, how many hours do you have invested in the designing ?
Thanks. Difficult to say but I try to do a few hours on it, most days, for about a week and then work on something else for a week and alternate them until it's done...probably a months worth of straight modelling

So with that said, it is mostly finished...cobbled together a generic interior from online images and game renders and put it all together;

Actually he still needs a seat,..probably the Baker ejection chair from the Falcon
TIE 14.jpg

TIE 15.jpg

Added in the back door hatch and made the lid separate
TIE 17.jpg

and the front dashboard

TIE 16.jpg

TIE 18.jpg
TIE 19.jpg

Got to figure out the wiring next...it may be that the ball will print in 2 halves and the interior in one piece so the LED's for the inside panels and front/back lights can be fitted before closing the ball

Cheers guys...yes the greeblies will be available to print separately and yes, I will put the files in my Etsy shop when I'm done...just not enough hours in the day to get everything finished.

I am working on the interior now; got the front bits done

That's awesome, and it's looking fantastic! I have a 1:24 TIE Interceptor I have built, files for Vaders TIE and I will be super excited to get these files and finally build a TIE. I have been holding out on pulling the trigger on any TIE files as I have been waiting for the right one, I can see now that my wait will be over soon :)

That interior is looking amazing, that will deserve some custom lighting for sure!

Great work!

OK guys I have uploaded all the files to my Etsy shop for those that want to have a go at this; A hub for 3D printable STAR WARS files by IMPERIALPRINTHUB

I don't think u will get the wings on a Mars...even a Saturn is gonna be tough. I'm aiming to print everything on my prusa i3

They will probably fit on my Jupiter when it finally gets here next year. These look awesome! I am going to pick these up for sure and I can get going with what will fit on my Saturn and the rest I can print later.

Thanks for making this available!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back