TIE FIGHTER 3D PRINTED

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Not that I need another project on my plate right now but I have been asked to produce a TIE for a client so thought it would be a good opportunity to model it out to 3D print at studio scale 1/24.
I've made a start on the outer wing/hub...quite a few familiar kit parts from the Falcon...Hetzer, Panzer, Mclaren, that I have already. Huge thanks to Jason Wright at Studio Scale Modelers for his invaluable refs/pics
I will probably try and print the Koolshade, although the new stuff is available from Smartlouvre...I'll see how it comes out first

Here's what I got;
TIE.jpg
TIE 1.jpg

Not that I need another project on my plate right now but I have been asked to produce a TIE for a client so thought it would be a good opportunity to model it out to 3D print at studio scale 1/24.
I've made a start on the outer wing/hub...quite a few familiar kit parts from the Falcon...Hetzer, Panzer, Mclaren, that I have already. Huge thanks to Jason Wright at Studio Scale Modelers for his invaluable refs/pics
I will probably try and print the Koolshade, although the new stuff is available from Smartlouvre...I'll see how it comes out first

Here's what I got;
View attachment 1480332View attachment 1480333
Hi Geek1138
Are you still working on the Slave 1 project.
Thanks

OK I think this thread has been hijacked! I've asked Rooker2k to remove his posts. I thought it was not cool to use someone else's thread to sell your stuff?
Hi Geek1138
Are you still working on the Slave 1 project.
Thanks
Hi Dane69...yes, but I am going down a different route to get there

Sometimes u don't realize just how goddamn awesome a ship is, until u start modelling it. What a beautifully simple and unique concept the TIE really is. I never really had it down as a cool craft, I just liked the sound they made, but the more I work on it the more I like it

Got the wings finished and started on the pylons and cockpit

TIE 2.jpg

TIE 3.jpg

So that's the ball greeblie'd up. Next up is the pylon greeblies and then the cockpit fascia board. My aim is to be able to print the whole model on a regular Prusa or decent printer so I've started beta testing the wings to see how they print

TIE 6.jpg
TIE 7.jpg

and here are most of the greebs, that aren't on the hatches...kinda reminds me of the training remote

TIE 8.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back