TIE Bomber

Kyuzo

I always wanted a studio scale but thought the getting parts bit would be too much trouble, but then I stumbled upon Rafael Mateo García TIE Bomber schematics here. Figured the most important parts came from the leopold and MPC Vader. So now I've got the MPC, two leopolds and one karl mörser a hopefully soon two saturns. I think that will get me to where I want.

16494617302_0803ba3d16.jpg

16495619955_36b252876c.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looks good! Yeah, you got some of the heavily used kits. There are more kits, obviously, but don't let that discourage you from building a nice ship. You've got the skills for sure!

Joe

Great work!
There's something weird going on between your window frame and the body tube .. what part did you use? Can you show a top view?

Thank you! Your Tie Bomber build thread (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=104833&highlight=tie+bomber) is really the go to place for me in this project so I really appreciate it coming from you. Thanks for all those pictures and research! My bomber is just trash in comparison.
The part is just frankly messed up. At first my intention was for even a sloppier bomber, using some trash shampoo-bottles that I had. these parts are the remains of those. The curvature is all wrong of course but the plastic was very soft and easy to work with and I really couldn't find anything else right now. Hopefully I'll be able to replace it before it's all finished.

18208149795_9fed53fab3.jpg 18208156705_4bdf1542a5.jpg

Attachments

• 16992888553_1bb465e252.jpg
    16992888553_1bb465e252.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 225
IMG_6851.JPGIMG_6850.JPGIMG_6849.JPGIMG_6848.JPG

Nothing fancy. Scratched the torpedo front from one of my saturn kits.
I'd consider this the poor man's unauthorized fake replica version. Only the MPC parts I think are from the "real" source. Maybe the Saturns are close. They're Airfix at least. The two leopolds are from Hobby Boss so all those parts are wrong. Maybe I take a mold of this and sell a resin kit down in some shady part of town. Thanks for looking!

lol, awesome sense of humor...

"pssst...wanna buy a TIE Bomber?" says the shady guy in a trenchcoat on the wrong side of the tracks...

"Dont do it dear, it probably has some of those nasty x wing rebel parts in there, mr galactic empire... remember the vcr box with bricks in it from the 80s?"
says the wife...

I like it! I've been pondering building one of these but don't really want to invest the zillion dollars for all the correct kits. Very pleased to see such a nice looking build using imperfect donor parts. Thanks for sharing!

Got my hands on some correct donor kits, 1xLeopold, Yamato, Rodney, Lee, for not too much money and a couple of others so I stripped her down. Also the pylon-ends looked too ugly so I 3D-printed something more reminiscent of the real thing.

P_20170803_090330.jpgP_20170803_090340.jpgP_20170803_090359.jpgP_20170803_090409.jpg

Slow and steady is the way to go.
Thanks for looking!

Looking good!
If you want to replace the "shampoo bottle" part that sits between the canopy window frame and the tube,..the correct part is a plastruct elliptical dome(vhe)
The end cap of the right tube is an elliptical dome cap from plastruct aswell.
I think they both are VHE-200 domes but they differ in heigth.
Maybe someone else on the forum knows the exact plastruct numbers

Thanks! Yes the parts between seems to be:
Elipse Cap VHE-200 Part #95755
Hemi Cap VHH-200 Part #95855
With the hemisphere going between the window and the tube. I tried finding a European supplier for any of those two (or someplace that ships worldwide at a reasonable rate), but so far no luck. A 2" inch plastic hemisphere should be an easy find you'd think...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back