Thundercats Sword of Omens build (6/10 - first pull - w. images pg.9)

Re: Thundercats Sword of Omens build (updated 8-20, about stinkin' time ^^; )

Freakin awesome. My 4 yr son would love this! I bought him the one from the new series. I plan to do one of these from the original series.

Keep up the great work.

Re: Thundercats Sword of Omens build (updated 8-20

View attachment 67568 I had this thought it might be helpful. Not the best picture of the stand but it's at least a full view.

Aye, I have seen that picture on the thundercats wiki. At the moment I am using an HD version of the first episode to get different views of the stand. The ironic part is that the hd version is a spanish dub... Good images but oh so terrifying vocals. Jaga scares me.

So I've been keeping an eye on this thread since the Thundercats have been pulled off the shelf and dusted off. It reminds me of being a kid again. Any more updates on progress? and any plans on producing these for sale?

Thanks,

Ryan

Batmanisaninja- Actually, you're totally right lol. I messed up when sanding it down, and attached it anyways since a convention was coming and I wanted to bring it as a display prototype. I am casting my favorite of the two hooks (the right one) , and will use those.. and of course, get them aligned straight!

Felandi- NICE!!! I think thats the most accurate render I've ever seen of the sword! Dunno if you mind nitpickiness, but theres a weird extra nubby thing right where the handle meets the crossguard. I was initially planning to curve the "toothy bit" on mine as well to add a lil more character, but couldn't figure out how to do it nicely with that extra part there..

Updates wise- I have the hooks plucked off the sword, and have been tweaking & refining one (i chose the right one) to be just right before molding it. I'm still really slow in this because of some major stuff i need to finish for conventions and panels I'll be running (have two in the next two months). Come the end of October I'll be freeeeee til i think around March, and I've been itching to make the dust fly in the workshop. Theres a lot of projects sitting around down there..

But guys, yes! I'll be making a run of these. I'll make an interest thread in the near future, since is fairly close to completion :)

Batmanisaninja- Actually, you're totally right lol. I messed up when sanding it down, and attached it anyways since a convention was coming and I wanted to bring it as a display prototype. I am casting my favorite of the two hooks (the right one) , and will use those.. and of course, get them aligned straight!

Felandi- NICE!!! I think thats the most accurate render I've ever seen of the sword! Dunno if you mind nitpickiness, but theres a weird extra nubby thing right where the handle meets the crossguard. I was initially planning to curve the "toothy bit" on mine as well to add a lil more character, but couldn't figure out how to do it nicely with that extra part there..

Updates wise- I have the hooks plucked off the sword, and have been tweaking & refining one (i chose the right one) to be just right before molding it. I'm still really slow in this because of some major stuff i need to finish for conventions and panels I'll be running (have two in the next two months). Come the end of October I'll be freeeeee til i think around March, and I've been itching to make the dust fly in the workshop. Theres a lot of projects sitting around down there..

But guys, yes! I'll be making a run of these. I'll make an interest thread in the near future, since is fairly close to completion :)

Thanks for the update! Count me in on your run. Can't wait.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I just wanted to put in that I love this build. Fantastic work!

Please add me as your friend, and put a sticky note next to your computer monitor because as soon as you offer a run of this I will be opening up my wallet to you. This is the best Sword of Omens I've seen.

That is really cool!
I would like to see what it looks like when it is complete.

Really hope this prodject hasn't gone down the tubes, it was looking so fantastic!!!!

Last I heard she it on the back burner but is going to start working on it again soon

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back